Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    potski Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2006, 02:56 PM
    Opening to a New Window
    Hello!

I don't know if there's a way to do this, but I am trying to write an E-mail
    with a "link" on it. That link obviously leads to another webpage, and what
    I would like to happen is to manipulate that webpage's appearance; taking
    out the address bar, menu bar, tool bar, scrollbar, and most of all making
    the size of the window (webpage) down to 500 x 300.

Is there like a code I could add to my link in my E-mail to make this work?
    If anyone can help me with this, I'd really appreciate it. If it's even possible :)

Thanks!

Potski
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2006, 01:45 AM
    I don't think you can do this and probably wouldn't want to. This method wouldn't work for all email programs - e.g. the web based one, AOL maybe.

You'll be much better send the person a link with a regular webpage. This webpage can then popup the window for you and then close itself.

One thing to remember - Most browsers come with popup stoppers nowadays so you'll chances are they will click on the link and there browser won't let the popup appear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opening a Toshiba [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba Satellite A10 that I need to access the motherboard on but I cannot get the bottom off. I have removed every screw I can see but there looks to be some underneath the keyboard. Has anybody else had this problem and if so how do you get them apart? Thanks

Opening for a refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

How wide should be the niche for a 29.5 inch refrigerator to allow the door to open? I have barely 30 inch wide niche. Is 0.5 inch enough?

Opening .fox files [ 3 Answers ]

I have a whole bunch of .fox file that I want to view. Can anybody tell me what I need to do that? Thanks.

Opening an that file [ 1 Answers ]

What do I use to open it ?

Opening a new page in the same window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a simple problem. The script given below works fine but the problem is that it doesn't open the pages "success.htm" and "failure.htm" depending upon the conditions. The problem is in the script lines given: Document.location.href = "success.htm" Document.location.href = "failure.htm"...

View more questions Search