Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 27, 2006, 01:41 PM
    One for the Girls (Although I betcha some of "Yous Guys" will read it!)
    Worth reading to the end...

My mother was a fanatic about public restrooms. When I was a little girl, she'd take me into the stall, show me how to wad up toilet paper and wipe the seat. Then she'd carefully lay strips of toilet paper to cover the seat. Finally, she'd instruct, "Never, NEVER sit on a public toilet seat. Then she'd demonstrate "The Stance," which consisted of balancing over the toilet in a sitting position without actually letting any of your flesh make contact with the toilet seat.

That was a long time ago. Now, in my "mature" years, "The Stance" is excruciatingly difficult to maintain.

When you have to visit a public bathroom, you usually find a line of women, so you smile politely and take your place. Once it's your turn, you check for feet under the stall doors. Every stall is occupied. Finally, a door opens and you dash in, nearly knocking down the woman leaving the stall. You get in to find the door won't latch. It doesn't matter.

The dispenser for the modern "seat covers" (invented by someone's Mom, no doubt) is handy, but empty. You would hang your purse on the door hook, if there were one, but there isn't - so you carefully but quickly drape it around your neck, (Mom would turn over in her grave if you put it on the FLOOR!), yank down your pants, and assume "The Stance."

In this position your toneless thigh muscles begin to shake. You'd love to sit down, but you certainly hadn't taken time to wipe the seat or lay toilet paper on it, so you hold "The Stance."

To take your mind off your trembling thighs, you reach for what you discover to be the empty toilet paper dispenser. In your mind, you can hear your mother's voice saying, "Honey, if you had tried to clean the seat, you would have KNOWN there was no toilet paper!" Your thighs shake more.

You remember the tiny tissue that you blew your nose on yesterday - the one that's still in your purse. That would have to do. You crumple it in the puffiest way possible. It is still smaller than your thumbnail.

Someone pushes open your stall door because the latch doesn't work. The door hits your purse, which is hanging around your neck in front of your chest, and you and your purse topple backward against the tank of the toilet. "Occupied!" you scream, as you reach for the door, dropping your precious, tiny, crumpled tissue in a puddle on the floor, lose your footing altogether, and slide down directly onto the TOILET SEAT. It is wet of course.

You bolt up, knowing all too well that it's too late. Your bare bottom has made contact with every imaginable germ and life form on the uncovered seat because YOU never laid down toilet paper – not that there was any, even if you had taken time to try.

You know that your mother would be utterly appalled if she knew, because, you're certain, her bare bottom never touched a public toilet seat because, frankly, dear, "You just don't KNOW what kind of diseases you could get."

By this time, the automatic sensor on the back of the toilet is so confused that it flushes, propelling a stream of water like a fire hose that somehow sucks everything down with such force that you grab onto the toilet paper dispenser for fear of being dragged in too. At that point, you give up.

You're soaked by the spewing water and the wet toilet seat. You're exhausted. You try to wipe with a gum wrapper you found in your pocket and then slink out inconspicuously to the sinks. You can't figure out how to operate the faucets with the automatic sensors, so you wipe your hands with spit and a dry paper towel and walk past the line of women, still waiting. You are no longer able to smile politely at them.

A kind soul at the very end of the line points out a piece of toilet paper trailing from your shoe. (Where was that when you NEEDED it??) You yank the paper from your shoe, plunk it the woman's hand and tell her warmly, "Here, you just might need this."

As you exit, you spot your hubby, who has long since entered, used and left the men's restroom. Annoyed, he asks, "What took you so long, and why is your purse hanging around your neck?"

.. . This is dedicated to women everywhere who deal with a public restroom (rest? You've got to be kidding! ). It finally explains to the men what really does take us so long. It also answers their other commonly asked question about why women go to the restroom in pairs. It's so the other gal can hold the door, hang onto your purse and hand you Kleenex under the door.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 3, 2006, 01:07 PM
    Amen, sister! This is exactly how it is.

Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 3, 2006, 01:12 PM
    This is my favorite post of the week! Too true!!
    Brings back the " can't spare a square" episode on Seinfeld! LOL
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 3, 2006, 01:35 PM
    OMG!! I am still laughing so hard!!

This really made my already perfect day perfecter!! (er, perfecter, oh well)
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 3, 2006, 01:41 PM
    ^^^ and to think grammar is your STRONG SUIT! LOL perfecter
    milliec Posts: 262, Reputation: 55

Jun 3, 2006, 11:51 PM
    ... and I thought this goes on "only in israel!"...
    But you know, after all, it's a great workout - I should use them more!
    jep1982 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2006, 11:23 PM
    This was soooo funny! Thanks for the great laugh! Hehehe, I can't stop laughing! Do I have permission to show this one to my Mom?? She would get a kick outa this!
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jun 12, 2006, 07:32 PM
    I know that I am not a women but that is funny.
    It reminds me of using the blue toilets on a job site.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Jun 12, 2006, 07:49 PM
    I'll use this opportunity to get some questions answered!

1. How is it ladies can't spare a second to glance to see if the seat is up or down?

2. How is that ladies can't seem to check for toilet paper BEFORE they need it?

Those two things have always puzzled me. PLEASE give me understanding! :D
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 15, 2006, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jep1982
    This was soooo funny! Thanks for the great laugh! hehehe, I can't stop laughing! Do I have permission to show this one to my Mom???? She would get a kick outa this!
    This is an open forum and can be shown to anyone. Be our guest!
    younglady13 Posts: 40, Reputation: -6

Jan 9, 2008, 10:27 PM
    I been in a bad and rembering thr csnt spare a square really made me feel better
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Jan 10, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Hilarious!! I always wondered why women take so long in the bathroom.

OMG, I'm still laughing.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 08:36 PM
    True story: I went to a rest room once down in rural Alabama or Louisiana (can't remember which) that actually had rolled up barbed wire in the toilet paper holder, a sink that didn't need to be turned on as it was already running, no light bulb (it was almost night), and an open window for everyone to gawk in at me. The best part of this was it was kept locked and I needed a key!
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Jan 19, 2008, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    True story: I went to a rest room once down in rural Alabama or Louisiana (can't remember which) that actually had rolled up barbed wire in the toilet paper holder, a sink that didn't need to be turned on as it was already running, no light bulb (it was almost night), and an open window for everyone to gawk in at me. The best part of this was it was kept locked and I needed a key!

It was probably Louisiana... they don't want you to steal ANYTHING, LOL

This one was great! My Gma still gives me disposable seat covers in my stocking, hahaha
    bobanob Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2011, 10:25 PM
    Haha, finally someone explains what we have been living! Thanks for making my day :)
    Marrocks Posts: 3, Reputation: -5

Oct 25, 2012, 01:51 PM
    Ha ha... so true
    hello people Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2013, 11:57 AM
    Ssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooo funny makes me think of my mum tee hee that is why my thighs are so toned nowadays

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

You guys are going to get sick of me here... "WET VENTING"? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, so picture this with me here... (sorry for the poor diagram) I'm putting in a bathroom in my basement. The waste stack comes into the floor right next to the exterior wall. #1) I'm going to put my toilet next to that. I can just join that to the main waste with a "Y" right? No vent...

View more questions Search