Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Workman's Comp Settlements
    Any info on workman's comp and when to settle?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2008, 06:24 PM

Welcome and hello to our site,

You have posted on the introduction area, so please tell us a little about yourself, and feel free to go to the legal forum and boards and post your question
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 09:36 PM

Hi, bmee!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just copied your question that you had posted in Introductions to this topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

As Fr_Chuck has already mentioned about introducing yourself, we would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions to do that, if you would be willing to do that. You could do that by clicking on the following link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/newthr...ewthread&f=375

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site!

It also would be helpful for anyone coming along to answer your question, if you would please provide a little more details about what you are asking.

Thanks!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2008, 04:37 AM

The best time to settle your WC claim is when you are finished with any treatment. To settle prior to this would be unfair to you dending on your injury.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    The best time to settle your WC claim is when you are finished with any treatment. To settle prior to this would be unfair to you dending on your injury.

Right, and I can't imagine WC would even entertain a settlement until all was said and done (so to speak).

And WC is so much "by the book," not a lot of negotiating, that there's little benefit to settling earlier - the more medical treatment, the more payments, the higher the claim.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PA workman's comp issue [ 5 Answers ]

I am an RN in an office. 2 weeks ago; I stood up from my desk with a few "light" charts in my hand & my knee popped & I couldn't walk or bear weight. Needless to say... I tore my meniscus. I was told to report this to comp because it was a workmans comp issue. Workman's comp filed a claim # & have...

Garnishment of Workman's Comp [ 2 Answers ]

Can workman's Comp be garnished if a court judgemnt was issued :eek:

Is Workman's comp settlements taxable? [ 4 Answers ]

Is workman's compensation settlements taxable?

View more questions Search