Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leoagambone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2006, 10:24 AM
    Cruise Ship Job
    In trying to obtain a Cruise Ship job I was asked to obtain the seamans or seafarers Discharge Book. Could you define what this book is and how do I go about trying to obtain one so that I can get this job.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 27, 2006, 11:15 AM
    I may well be wrong but my understanding it is a licence or rating. Normally gained though going through training to be a seaman.

You may check out this web site for more information:
    http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/46C73.txt

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passenger Ship Records from the 1800s [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I'm hoping there is someone out there that can help or at least point me in the right direction. My great, great grandfather came to the Americas from France and I would like to know if there is a way to research the old ship logs. I know many companies kept their ancient logs ;) and...

Cruise weddings [ 5 Answers ]

My hunny and I are thinking about getting married while on a cruise. My family has never been anywhere outside the US aside from Canada, and my parents are getting up in years. I want them to experience the Caribbean and a cruise. The only way to get the family together on one is to plan something...

Alaska cruise balcony or not? [ 3 Answers ]

We are planning a cruise to alaska for our family including my mother in law, her first cruise. Is it worth the extra money to have a stateroom with a balcony, or is an oceanview better for the cost. We have cruised before, but never with a balcony room before. Any input on the alaskan cruise...

Orka following a ship? [ 2 Answers ]

Why could a Killer Whale follow a ship? A friend of mine told me a story about an orca, following his ship for 16 days during the course through Atlantic up to Gibraltar, where it turned back... Only following, like playing, singing for all these nights, a "song" that was more like a baby...

View more questions Search