Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leakinleana Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2004, 01:12 PM
    Parking ticket?  HELP!!
    I sold a car on 02-04-2001 and it keeps coming back a costing me money. I was just sent a parking ticket bill that was giving to the car on 04-01-2001, 2 months after I sold it. I sent in a "lelease of liability" to the DMV when I sold it but it wasent recorded. Now I get a bill for $250 for a parking ticiket going back to 04-01-01. This is the first time I have got anything from these people. I wrote them and told them I sold the car 2 months before the ticiket was isued. No reply and if I don't pay by the 7th of sept it goes up to $350. H E L P! Can they do that, send a bill going back over 3 years and this is the first time I got anything from them. It was isued by "ALAMEDA COUNTY TRANSIT PARKING ENFORCEMENT CENTER". I tried to call but no good. I have had to pay a parking ticiket that the car got 2 years ago because the oakland polese said "no proff of sale, u pay". The DMV said the car was junked in 2003 so I thought "now my trubles are over", and I get this. Can anyone help or give me some advice. The DMV can't help so I don't know what to do. I can pay the $250 but who's to say I won't get an other ticket again going back a few years. Thanks charlie
    cgmaetc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2005, 07:41 PM
    visit dmv
    You may have to visit the alameda dmv office or any local office should help you. Plus, you need to make sure you've fillod out you PON (planned non-operation) and that form that states you have sold your car. Make copies and bring any and all documents to the office to clean the matter up.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2005, 04:26 PM
    Statue of limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by leakinleana
    i sold a car on 02-04-2001 and it keeps coming back a costing me money. i was just sent a parking ticket bill that was givin to the car on 04-01-2001, 2 mos after i sold it. i sent in a "lelease of liability" to the DMV when i sold it but it wasent recorded. now i get a bill for $250 for a parking ticiket going back to 04-01-01. this is the first time i have got anything from these people. i wrote them and told them i sold the car 2 mos befor the ticiket was isued. no reply and if i dont pay by the 7th of sept it goes up to $350. H E L P!! can they do that, send a bill going back over 3 years and this is the first time i got anything from them. it was isued by "ALAMEDA COUNTY TRANSIT PARKING ENFORCEMENT CENTER". i tried to call but no good. i have had to pay a parking ticiket that the car got 2 years ago because the oakland polese said "no proff of sale, u pay". the DMV said the car was junked in 2003 so i thought "now my trubles are over", and i get this. can anyone help or give me some advice. the DMV can't help so i dont know what to do. i can pay the $250 but whos to say i wont get an other ticket again going back a few years. thanks charlie

Check the statue of limitations in your state. Sent to the DMV. A certified letter, demanding proof of contract with them, as them to state claim upon which relief may be granted. Give them 15 days to comply. Sent them notice of Revocation of Power of Attorney.

Not legal advice, just a idea. Check suijuris.net

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car stolen from parking lot [ 7 Answers ]

I parked my car in a covered parking garage adjacent to the Seattle Opera House and it was stolen. Do I have a legitimate claim against the lot?

Parking [ 5 Answers ]

Problem with parking space in my city has gotten so bad, that I need some advice on dealing with some stupid mistakes done by people. I live in Zagreb, Croatia's capitol (and biggest) city. Zagreb has just under 1 million citizens. In my neighbourhood, in the last year parking space just...

Black     ural Nationalism [ 1 Answers ]

Why would the formulation of a black aesthetic have been necessary at the moment in history of the Civil Rights / Black Power movement; and is it still a useful ?

View more questions Search