Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k352325 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Height word probs.
    Johns paint crew knows from experience that its 18-foot ladder is particularly stable when the distance from the ground to the top of the ladder is 5ft more than the distance from the building to the base o the ladder as shown in the figure. In this position, how far up the building does the ladder reach
    Chilean Seabass Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 09:36 PM

A = Height
    B = Length
    C = Hypotenus

A = X + 5
    B = X
    C = 18

Plug values into the Quadratic equation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brother probs [ 6 Answers ]

I am 14 and my brother is 16. We used to be really good friends and hang out and joke and all that. But lately when he has had his friends over he has been like mean to me and they are talking about me so I can't hear. A couple of weeks ago he walked in on me coming out of the shower and I yelled...

Rebooting probs still here [ 1 Answers ]

Hi no I can't get into anything... all I have is a blank screen with a flashing line at the top of the screen... I have windows vista premium as well... not windows xp... Please help...

Skin probs [ 3 Answers ]

Hey.. I have been using clinique's three step skin care system but I still get white heads and pimples on my chin and between my eyebrows. Can anyone tell me how I can prevent this?

Confounding 91 civic start probs - NOT NORMAL PROBS [ 9 Answers ]

1991 civic DX 1.5 liter DPFI Went out Thursday morning to go to work, start car, ran rough for 2 seconds and died. Checked oil for fear of no oil situation, had oil. No start since then. Crank till the cows come home. I have spark on all four cylinders. New distributor with all new guts. ...

View more questions Search