Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    woodby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 05:42 AM
    Probation officer change
    My son (was) on probation for 1 year, he tested positive for (pot). Long story short, he was put in jail, then had a hearing. The judge gave him 15 day's, the probation officer requested 90. I don't want to sound like one of those crying mom's, that he is a good boy & all that garbage. I fully believe he should be held accountable for his actions. My question is: For the 8 months he was on probation, he has continuiosly had problems with this officer, he wanted to sign a formal complaint against her, however he was told it would not be smart. He wants to get a different probation officer when he is released in 8 day's, in fear of there being more issues at this point. On 3 different occasions (I) was actually with him, he went to pay his fine, the receptionist told him he is up to date & he didn't need to pay. It appears when he was trying to make payment, she had incorrectly read the payment schedule & when he made a 500.00 payment a month prior, it caculated he was not due, when in reality he was. Wh he calls his probation officer, she does not return his calls, to the extent I try calling & finally get a response. I know my son should be doing this himself, however he keeps hitting road blocks with her. He lives with his girlfriend & her father. The problem there is they know his probation officer on a personal (very) level, so I don't know if he can request a new officer for conflict of interest. There are so many more points to be made it would take all day. His biggist fear right now is that she didn't get the sentense she wanted, and made it very clear the matter is not finished?? What ever that is suppose to mean. So in a nut shell, can anyone PLEASE telll me if he can request a Different officer.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 10:00 AM

Yes, he can request a different PO but it all depends on the supervisor in charge and how many are in a different PO's caseload that determines if he gets a new one or not. Usually probation offices rotate the "customers" around to different PO's after so many months anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be a police officer or probation officer with criminal background? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently going to school to get a degree in Criminal Justice. I was looking into different jobs and wanted to know if I could be a police officer or a probation officer with a theft charge and a disorderly conduct charge? Both charges where between the age of 15-17. Thank you for any help !

Probation officer [ 3 Answers ]

How do you find someone's probation officer

Is there a probation officer out there? [ 1 Answers ]

My son is on probation for disorderly. He recently broke up with his girlfriend, a few weeks ago. 2 days before he is off probation his probation officer calls him in on a complaint that he made threats to her. She has no proof just her word. The officer put him in jail until she can...

Any Probation Officer out there? [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the exact process for transferring someone from state to state ? We started my husbands transfer 3 months ago . We have reached the stage where the transfer has been submitted to the receiving state . We were told that someone should be coming to our home to verify the...

Change of address denied by Probation officer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! My name is Sylvia,I have a niece (Vanessa) who was just released from Prison 2 weeks ago,she was supposed to go and live with one of her sisters,but her P.O. denied the change of address the 1st day she went 2 see her. Her reason was she did not like our ATTITUDES! Well let me...

View more questions Search