Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kihall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2006, 09:04 PM
    Car Titles
    My dad co-signed for me to get a car, and I need to get my name off the title, is that at all possible, and if so, who do I need to go to have this done, Motor Vehicles or the dealership where we bought the car from?
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

May 26, 2006, 09:31 PM
    Totally possible but I think DAD may have to re-finance the car in HIS name in order to have the title in his name only..
    Call the bank that gave you the loan and ask them the same question.. pretty sure the bank will tell you to either sell him the car or put the loan in his name by re-financing it... I don't think there is a way just to transfer everything over to him... but I may be wrong...
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2006, 05:23 AM
    Hi,
    Your previous answer is good.
    Is the car still being paid for? If so, is it financed through the Auto Dealer, or a bank? Whoever it's financed through will probably have the title. Call them, and ask how to proceed.
    If the car is paid for, then you or your Dad should have the title. Both of you go together to Motor Vehicles, and you can have it changed.
    Best wishes.
    canray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2006, 04:30 PM
    Hi Kihall
    Your question is a simple one... you needed you dad to co- sign in the first place as you could not qualify on your own... Your only contact should be the lender... Motor vehicle or dealership has got no play in this matter... Hey I just joined this site but am an retired expert on cars... check out my site http://usedcartips.bravehost.com/ and if I can be of any further help let me know
    Ray

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie titles need help [ 3 Answers ]

I hope someone out there can remember these 2 movies that I saw when I was younger than 10... Late 70's, early 80's. MOVIE #1 This movie is about an American Indian kid who is forced by his parents to spend the summer at his Grandfather's ranch. He doesn't care about his indian heritage. His...

Help! Need song titles and artists! [ 1 Answers ]

Can any one help me find the title of these rap songs: 1) The opening begins "This is how we do, we make a move and act a fool while we up in tghe club. . ." I believe 50 Cent starts it off. And 2) This one has an ending chorus that says "It's time to meet the gorillas, the...

Help Me Please! - Unknown Book Titles [ 1 Answers ]

Please help! I'm looking for the title of 2 books I read as a child. One deals with a handicapped teenager who is dealing with the fact that she got her young brother killed, and plays a computer game in which she slays dragons. The other is about a group of 5 or 6 teens who are taken from...

View more questions Search