Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kangabitt Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Rainsoft Water Softener - Salt tank not filling with water?
    Put a bag of salt in my softener today and it appeared to be way over the brine level. Checked on it a few hours later and still had dry pellets on top.

Manually regenerated the system - no fill.

Letting it go through its cycle now, but wondering if there's something I'm overlooking. There's no water running from the minteral tank to the salt tank.

Will be happy to supply salient details if I know what they are.

I bought this house about a year ago and the softener was here and has been functioning until today. I have no idea what's going on with it, and cannot find any manuals online.

Help, please?

TIA.
    kangabitt Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2008, 08:12 PM

I fixed it. It fixed itself? I did a manual regeneration and it finally filled when I left it to its own devices in the dark damp basement. ;)

I have no idea why the salt didn't sink the first time. I welcome all tips and suggestions for this thing. Found one manual online which said it's set at the factory, so add salt as needed.

It did suggest that I use salt blocks rather than pellets, though. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks again if you read this. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water softener salt bridge [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore water softener about 14-18 mo. Old. For at least 5 mo. I have had a recurring salt bridge. I break it up as per manual instructions, and the salt level goes down about 1/2 inch before the salt bridge recurs. There is no odor, no discoloration, just a water softener that doesn't do...

Water Softener Using Excessive Salt [ 3 Answers ]

I have a water softener that is approximately 10 years old. Over the past few months it Has started to use an excessive amount of salt; now up to about 200 pounds per month. Should I replace it or is there an easy fix?

Setting up a salt water tank [ 8 Answers ]

Kae, I hope this gets to you. I have recently acquired a 55 gallon long tank and hubby would like to set up a salt water tank. We don't have filters yet, nor do we have lights. Only the tank and the stand. Can you please walk me through this?

Water softener brine tank overflow [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rainsoft water softener that is between 10 and 15yrs old. It is set to go off every 3 days and I think my brine tank overflows every time it goes off now. I only have one salt block at a time in the brine tank. I have checked to see if the tube is clogged and it is not as I am able to...

Water softener doesn't use any salt [ 1 Answers ]

My water softener runs but never uses any salt. Any ideas as to the problem? Thanks

View more questions Search