Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rbigfatty Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2006, 12:51 PM
    Labor market
    True or False . When skilled jobs are going to developing countries, service jobs that require fewer skills receive higher compnesation in the local economy
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 26, 2006, 01:53 PM
    If you're looking for a textbook answer, I can't help. If you're looking for opinions from business people, I have one:

Generally, false: Unless a huge majority of the skilled jobs are gone then the number of local folk in service jobs - along with the number of potential service job people, changes very little... so no need for the service job employers to raise compensation.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2006, 06:13 AM
    Hi,
    I agree with your previous answer.
    The rate of pay for less skilled jobs usually don't change. Why should they? It is generally accepted that this is true.
    With incoming new jobs, with higher skills levels, employers will pay more for those job positions, but again, it usually doesn't affect the "lower paying" jobs. It could possibly create more of the "less skilled" jobs available, but the pay rates normally don't change much.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 27, 2006, 06:34 AM
    Another non-textbook answer: FALSE

If anything I would guess that the laws of supply/demand would eventually cause the wages to decline since its adding more competition to the work arena, skilled or not. This is based on my assumption that skilled people will work unskilled jobs, if necessary. All I have to go on with that is... I did it and the guy in the film American Beauty did it! :eek: :D

But perhaps that is too simple. :o

Are there other factors I am not including in my thinking?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre labor/False labor [ 4 Answers ]

Ok odd question. How long can pre labor last? I have been having contractions since Sunday and they don't get any closer and/or change in intesity. I was just wondering since even with two previous births I have never before experienced this. I don't even know if it is pre labor or not. I just...

Money Market accounts [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know how they figure the interest on a Money Market account. If my broker tells me my money in my account earns 4.16 % per month. How is it figured? On my Money Market account the interest goes back into it. What figures do I use? Thank you, Susan

Is It A Buyer's Market or Seller's Market.. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello group, would someone please explain to me what determines a "buyer's market" and a "seller's market"? We always hear the "news" of the housing boom busting and now we hear more homeowner's are putting their houses on the market than there are new homes being built, but what does that mean?...

Fair market value [ 3 Answers ]

I have to do a practice set in accounting, when I got to this transaction it stumped me... What do I debit and credit? How much for? Purchased Land and an office building for $145,000, of which $100,800 was attributable to the fair market value of the building. A $55,000 cash down payment was...

View more questions Search