Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxDanielxx Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 03:29 PM
    How do I connect my laptop to a Tv
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to connect a laptop to a TV using a s-video cord?
    I have a HP Dv6000 entertainment PC
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 6, 2008, 03:37 PM

Go to the control panel once you have everything hooked up. In Display, click on settings and you will find the way to get your computer to send a signal to an alternate monitor or TV. I don't know about Vista but in XP Pro it's pretty easy to do.

Once you have configured your TV resolution (assuming that you get a wallpaper image on your TV), you can play videos or have the TV mimic your monitor to include the icons, cursor, etc.

Good Luck.

Pavilion dv6000 s-video connection to TV problems - Topix

NVIDIA GeForce Series Video Driver 

Connecting a HP Pavillion dv6000 to non-HD TV - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion

S-video DV6000 not working? - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion
    Sunnywootxp Posts: 103, Reputation: -2

Oct 7, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire View Post
    Go to the control panel once you have everything hooked up. In Display, click on settings and you will find the way to get your computer to send a signal to an alternate monitor or TV. I don't know about Vista but in XP Pro it's pretty easy to do.

Once you have configured your TV resolution (assuming that you get a wallpaper image on your TV), you can play videos or have the TV mimic your monitor to include the icons, cursor, etc.

Good Luck.

Pavilion dv6000 s-video connection to TV problems - Topix

NVIDIA GeForce Series Video Driver 

Connecting a HP Pavillion dv6000 to non-HD TV - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion

S-video DV6000 not working? - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion

I have try using a s-video cord but I only see picture but no audio I have to get a audio cable to hear sound from TV
    Software Expert

Oct 7, 2008, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnywootxp View Post
    i have try using a s-video cord but i only see picture but no audio i have to get a audio cable to hear sound from tv
    S-Video cable is for video. Yes, you will need to connect an audio cable from your PC to the TV to get sound through the TV.

Oct 7, 2008, 07:23 PM
    S-Video cable is for video. Yes, you will need to connect an audio cable from your PC to the TV to get sound through the TV.
    Is there any cable that can connect video and audio in one cable
    Software Expert

Oct 7, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnywootxp View Post
    is there any cable that can connect video and audio in one cable
    Of course. But that wasn't what you asked. You are constrained by the cable connections on your computer.

COAX and HDMI both carry video and audio in a single cable. Do you have either of those connections available?

Also, if you have a standard VGA port out, there are VGA/Audio cables like this one that come in a single unit... though technically it's two cables, just bundled together:

Cables To Go - 6ft HD15 M/M UXGA Monitor Cable with 3.5mm Audio

Oct 8, 2008, 03:46 AM
    Of course. But that wasn't what you asked. You are constrained by the cable connections on your computer.

COAX and HDMI both carry video and audio in a single cable. Do you have either of those connections available?

Also, if you have a standard VGA port out, there are VGA/Audio cables like this one that come in a single unit....though technically it's two cables, just bundled together:

Cables To Go - 6ft HD15 M/M UXGA Monitor Cable with 3.5mm Audio

Thanks a lot I am going to buy it now.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Oct 8, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Just as an addition (hopefully you haven't bought your lead just yet!) you could buy a bundle like this;

S-Video to Scart Adapter Kit SVIDTOSCRT From Laptops Direct

Where you get your video through S-Video and your audio through your headphone port!

This is what I use and it works perfectly!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect a laptop with a CPU [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a laptop with Windows Vista OS and a CPU (with out monitor). Windows 2003 and SAP XI is installed in the hard disk which is there in the CPU. I am not interested to buy a monitor now. I would like to connect the CPU to my laptop. Could you suggest me, how can I access the...

Connect laptop to PC [ 1 Answers ]

Right, my mam has got a new computer and she said I can have the old one... one problam... it doesn't have a moniter.. Is there a way I can use a cable to connect my laptop to my PC (without moniter) and use it for extra hard drive space? I can borrow a moniter if I need to to set it up ...

How I can connect PC and laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi sir, I have one qution. How I can connect PC and laptop with cross over cable? If you want any chang in my PC then tell me. Please tell me about ip address of both PC. Please give me step for connection.

Connect laptop to PC [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a novice when it comes to computers so can somebody help please. I have a desktop machine with a broadband connection and want to occasionally connect my laptop to the same connection instead (or as well as if possible). Both have Windows XP with service packs installed. I thought it would be a...

How to connect laptop to PC [ 9 Answers ]

I've been meaning to transfer the files from my laptop to PC for a while and today I've finally bought Ethernet crossover cable... But unfortunately I do not know where to go from here. They are both running XP with SP1. As I want to transfer files form laptop to PC, I understand laptop is going...

View more questions Search