Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flute09 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Car rides with strangers
    So I have this neighbor. It's actually two, a man and his wife. Both are very nice, very friendly, but I don't really know them. In fact, my family knows them, but I've never personally been introduced to them.

I'm walking down the road to my home from my friend's house; I'm about a block from my house. My neighbor pulls up alongside me in his car and asks if I want a ride to my house. He's the only one in the car.

What should I do?

Now, assuming I get in the car, what should I say/do during the short ride?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 6, 2008, 02:26 PM

If you have never been introduced to him, I would stay out of the car for sure. Just say you like walking.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 04:47 PM

Seems pretty silly to offer someone a ride when you know where they live and they are only a block away from home.
    How about "No, I have to get my exercise. Thanks anyway"
    If he offers again, just keep walking without words.
    If you are a minor, you could cause him a lot of trouble. Don't get in the car, you have nothing to gain.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 6, 2008, 04:59 PM

Well I guess one issue is how old are you and the same.
    In general I do not advise people to get rides from people they don't know.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Oct 17, 2008, 11:54 PM

That is strange for him to offer when you are so close to your home. I would not get in the car. Just say thank you, I'd rather walk. Then I would ask my family more about him. If you have never been introduced to him, that is kind of creepy.
    Sarwat_86 Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Nov 12, 2008, 12:41 PM

I suppose you should not take a ride with him because whatever he has relations with your family but if he is a stranger to you than you should not take any help from him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strangers as roommates [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there. I'm just moving to a city about 200km from where I am now. I don't have any contacts in the new city so I've resorted to searching online for apartments and roommates. I've chatted quite a few potential roommates and finally found one guy who actually seems normal and reliable. :p We...

Name of sheep in perfect strangers [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: OK guys this is a good one... my boss at work wants to no the name of Balki's stuffed sheep, on the show of perfect strangers!? I told him I knew who to ask... you guys... help! Thanks...

Hope Rides Alone [ 22 Answers ]

Found this today, and thought it to be spot-on. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hope Rides Alone By Sgt. Eddie Jeffers, USA From The New Media Journal I stare out into the darkness from my post, and I watch the city burn to the ground. I smell the familiar smells, I walk through the...

1965 freedom rides [ 1 Answers ]

I can't seem to find information on why the freedom rides had a significance for the aborginals and why. Bahh please helppp?

Lab pup going nuts in presence of strangers [ 5 Answers ]

Any suggestions for controlling a 7 month old lab who jumps onto new people. He is very obiedient when he is with the family but when new people come over or when meeting new people and dogs on walks he will get very excited and jump all over the person no matter how much I say "no", "off", or...

View more questions Search