Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Connie1010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2006, 09:02 AM
    What kind of bug is this?
    I have noticed a very small, tiny bug crawling aroung near and around the bottom of my tub and it appears to be coming from a small crack or opening at the bottom of the tile on the wall. It is shaped like a tadpole, or cone. The head is wide and round and narrows as it goes back toward the tail. About 1/16" in length. I catch a glimpse of one every now and again and I try to kill it. I cannot imagine what it could be as I have never seen anything like it in the past and I have lived in this house for 20 years. All of a sudden these little critters are showing up in the same general area. Could this be something that is due to moisture around that area of the tub, maybe a leak bringing this on. I think I have seen maybe 10 more or less in a 3 - 4 month period of time. I just would like to know what they are and why they are just now appearing in the same general area of my bathroom? Any help someone could be on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks.:confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 26, 2006, 09:14 AM
    I'm assuming that you mean that the "tail" is just 1/16th of an inch... is that right? How long is the entire bug?

Yes, moisture attracts many critters.

Some other keys to IDing bugs are info on
    1. # of legs
    2. # of segments of their body
    3. color
    4. whether it has wings or not

There are lots of bug Identification sites to plug your info in once you have it.

I like the layout and method of the first one on the list.

If you can't find it, either post a picture of it - or let us know the details of the four items above and we'll see if we can help further.
    theboursin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2006, 10:49 PM
    I suspect that I have the same bug problem you do. Not being able to identify it is driving me a little bonkers. Did you figure out what kind of bug it is?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2006, 02:37 AM
    If either of you can post a pic of the little critter - and what area of the country you live in, I'm happy to help.

Also, Lowe's and HomeDepo stores usually have the Ortho bug book by their chemicals, where you might be able to find it, too.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Aug 10, 2006, 09:15 AM
    It sounds like you may have silverfish.
    Google "silverfish" to see if the pics of them resemble what you have. There is info about them and how to control them on the websites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kind of grass? [ 8 Answers ]

Without hiring someone, how can I tell which type of grass I have? Is there a website with pictures of different kinds? Also, is rolling your lawn still needed and if so, how soon, if at all, should I areate? Thanks:D

Just starting... kind of [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I've been dating my boyfriend for over 9 months and we just started to have sex, let me think, a month ago. Now here's what I am confused about and need help in: I haven't had an orgasm... not even close and we've had sex over 15 times. I'm guessing this isn't enough? It still hurt until...

Some kind of anxiety in my lab? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I just moved to a new place, and our 7 month old lab has started acting a little strangely. She doesn't really act this way when I'm home, but my husband tells me that when I leave she'll run around the house, then go into the room he's in, whine, and back out of the room. And...

What kind of insulation? [ 9 Answers ]

Have insulation in walls and attic that is contained in a package that easily punctures and when opened reveals a brown kind of sawdust? Anyone know what this is? I think it is useless for the walls as it settles making it useful for only the lower 1-3 feet of walls. House was built in the 60's.

What kind of Ivy is this? [ 5 Answers ]

I am having some problems with my ivy plant, but I'm not sure what kind of ivy it is, or if it is even truly ivy at all. Can anyone identify it for me? Also the problem is that it is getting white/tan translucent spots with dark brown edges as well as some leaves have edges that are turning dark...

View more questions Search