Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gorgeousmagoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Tongue Piercings why I shouldn't, why I should.
    I am 16 and I will be 17 in about a month or so and I really want to pierce my tongue I have been waiting for about 3 months to get it done but my parents aren't too happy about it. I also got my lip pierced with out permission when I was 15 so I really don't want to do that again, it was a pain to keep it hidden so I just took it out.

I really just want to know some reasons why I shouldn't get it done

& Why other people wanted to get it done

p.s I don't want any B.S comments on me being too young 16 is the legal age for piercings.

Thanks =D
    jambourrie Posts: 73, Reputation: 10

Oct 9, 2008, 11:46 AM

Hi there.
    I got my tongue pierced when I was 18, and had it for ten years. I LOVED having it done. I thought it looked awesome, and I rarely felt it to be an obstruction in terms of eating or anything else for that matter.

I found when I had it done, that there was no pain whatsoever.

However - if you feel the need to have to hide it, I guess you have to decide if that is worth the trouble.
    sbowman1030 Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Oct 9, 2008, 12:49 PM

I'm a mother of two daughters 22 and 19. We have tattoos and various piercings. The only thing that bothers me is that people automatically assume that the tongue piercing is sexual in nature. So think hard about it before proceeding.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2008, 02:11 PM

There are many reasons people choose to, and choose not to get piercings.

My piercings, to me, are a form of expression. I get them because I think they look good on me and they allow me to express myself.

Some reasons you may not want to get a tongue piercing is, it requires resposibility to take care of it. If you don't take care of it properly, it will get infected (among other things that can happen). You are going to have to deal with some people saying your piercings are ugly, stupid looking, etc. If you can't deal with that, then I wouldn't get the piercing. Your tongue will be swollen for a while and it will be hard to eat and talk -- again, if you can't deal with that, I wouldn't get it.

The decision is ultimately yours (and your parents of course ;)). Think long and hard about it before you decide on what you want to do. Don't get a piercing or a tattoo on an impulse -- people who do that usually end up regretting it.

Good luck! :)
    Wondering401K Posts: 14, Reputation: -3

Nov 5, 2008, 09:48 AM

Getting a tongue pierced is a DA thing to do. (DA means Dumb-).
    blair2140 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 08:09 PM

The tongue piercing is adorable! I have mine done! Do it its so cute! && ignore what the person above me is saying because thr talking shyt on everyone. So yehh GET IT! :):):)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pigmentation of the tongue [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've had pigmentation on my tongue for at least a decade (brown spots on the tip of my tongue and some on the side) they are not painful or bumpy. My dental hygenist said its normal in some people and its similar to having pigmentation on the face. However, she also told me to keep an eye on...

Tongue [ 2 Answers ]

I just got why tongue periced 4 days ago and I have an indent on the top of my tongue where the ball is is that normal?. and when can I change my ring?

Tongue Piercing? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I've recently wanted to get my tongue pierced bu I don't know what I'm doing is right. Any solutions are advice. Thanks xx

Should I get my tongue pierced [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 15 and I want my tongue pierced on my 16th birthday which is in two weeks Will it hurt if I have it done? My pain threshold is quite good

Just got my tongue peirced [ 3 Answers ]

Okayy so I just got my tongue peirced. I didn't really hurt, its just that its really really annoying to talk. Plus I haven't eaten in two days. When is my tongue going to stop swelling? Also around the bottom ball, there's a little white goey stuff that I just take off with a q tip. Does that...

View more questions Search