Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2006, 07:17 AM
    Leaking Outdoor Shower Handle
    I have a summer house that we close in the winter. Every year I drain the pipes, take apart all the faucets, and put antifreeze down the drains. This year everything went well except for the outdoor shower. I connected all the pipes and turned the system on and the showers faucet handle began to leak. I turned the hot water off and it still continued to leak, I am positive that the leak is occurring only when the cold water is turned on. It isn't a major leak but it is a lot of water coming from behind the handle. I was just thinking about replacing the “O” ring but it is in the connection too far and I can't get my pliers to it. What should I do?

Thank You,
    Adam Medeiros
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 26, 2006, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam12
    I have a summer house that we close in the winter. Every year I drain the pipes, take apart all the faucets, and put antifreeze down the drains. This year everything went well except for the outdoor shower. I connected all the pipes and turned the system on and the showers faucet handle began to leak. I turned the hot water off and it still continued to leak, I am positive that the leak is occuring only when the cold water is turned on. It isnt a major leak but it is a lot of water coming from behind the handle. I was just thinking about replacing the “O” ring but it is in the connection too far and I can't get my pliers to it. What should I do?

Thank You,
    Adam Medeiros
    Hi Adam,

First off, what's the brand of the shower valve? How old? What type? One handle or two knobs? Does the leak come from around the stem or from the valve body itself? In order to help I need all the details you can give me. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outdoor spigot dripping handle [ 21 Answers ]

Water drips from just beneath the handle on my outdoor spigot when the spigot is on. Where can I find a diagram that will tell me how to take apart, but especially how to put back together, the handle part of the spigot?

Outdoor shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: We have an outdoor shower in Long Beach Island, NJ, that we have owned for about 12 years. Over the years, the water seems to be draining out of the shower less and less. After just one shower, there is a pool of water. The shower has a wood slat bottom that just drains into the ground. ...

Outdoor Spigot Knob / Handle [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting ready to replace the knob on the outdoor hose spigot of my house. Not having done much plumbing, is there anything unusual I need to know? (ie: do I have to turn the screw right instead of left to loosen, or anything odd and plumbing-specific like that?) Any tips welcome.

Symmons Temptrol Shower/Tub Handle - [ 1 Answers ]

I printed off the internet the part breakdwon to my tub/shower one-dial Symmons Temtrol kit as I am trying to stop a slow leak out oif the tub faucet. I removed the screw and cap - and I can't get the handle off - is it hyst suppoosed to pull off once the screw is removed? That is how the...

Outdoor spigot handle/knob size [ 3 Answers ]

:-/ Dear Labman, My husband tried to find a replacement spigot turning knob for outdoor hose spigot coming out of house, but our house was built in 1968 and it seems we can't locate one locally that has a LONGER extension where the knob fits onto the spigot. The replacement is needed because...

View more questions Search