Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Oct 5, 2008, 09:25 PM
    Trunecy (did I spell that right?)
    Okay, I am 18 years of age and I was wondering, does trunecy still effect you at 18? I am in my senior year of high school and I have missed a bit of school (not that I'm just out right skipping, I have reasons) so I was wondering if they can still get me for it and what are the punishments for Trunecy at this age. One of my friends had to go to court for trunecy when she was 15 and she had to be moved into a foster home MILES away. Since I am "a legal adult" that can't do that one can they?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2008, 12:23 AM

Hi, BiWi!

From what I have found by reading some things on links of the following search, Truancy Laws Kansas - Google Search in Kansas, if a child is under the age of 16, then that child is supposed to be attending a school of some kind and are truant if they don't have legitimate excuses for not attending school. So, at your age, missing school wouldn't be considered to be truancy. However, and I'm not sure about this, there may be a requirement for you to be in school so many days a year in order for that school year to count toward being a school year that you have successfully completed in addition to work that you did in school. So, that's something that you might want to look into.

Hopefully, others will also come along to address your question. I hope that you're doing well and that we can get together again like we used to on some of the arts-oriented threads! :)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Hello bi:

You're an adult. Adults aren't required to go to school. Therefore, you can't be charged with truancy.

excon
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 02:54 AM

Excon is dead on here, BiWi! I hope to see you elsewhere here!
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Oct 7, 2008, 06:22 AM

lol thanks for you help Clough your always helping me out ^.^. I'll check out the thing with days attended, but I'm happy to know that I can't be grabbed for truanty because if they tried to remove me from my home, I would drop school before I would let them take me away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spell checker [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know if this is the right place for my question but here goes. My spell checker won't work. When I hit the button it just goes to a new blank page. I would love any advice I can get as I am really stumped. Thanks

Husband can't spell my name [ 19 Answers ]

After 20 years of marriage.. and all of our ups and downs, last night I was numbed by the fact that my husband can't spell my name. He asked for our email, and when I gave it to him, he wrote it down. Later when I picked up the paper, he had everything spelled right, except for my first name. My...

How to spell [ 8 Answers ]

How do you spell malevolence?

How do you spell.. . [ 1 Answers ]

How do you spell the plural of wanna-be? Wanna-bes doesn't look right! How about wanna-bees?

How do you spell Wee Gee? [ 1 Answers ]

What´s the correct spelling of wee gee board?

View more questions Search