Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shapp Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Warriors of the wind!
    Does anyone remember this movie and how badly it was butchered in comparison to nausicca in the valley of the wind?
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Oct 5, 2008, 10:43 PM

New World Pictures felt it could only be marketed as a kid's action movie, so they cut out about a quarter of the movie (the parts they felt were "slow moving") and garbled the storyline in the process. Nausicaä was changed to "Princess Zandra". The voice actors and actresses (see next paragraph for a note about June Foray) said later that they were never told what the story was about and so the acting was substandard. Miyazaki was horrified when he found out what they had done to his film, and Ghibli asks everyone to forget that this version ever existed. Fortunately, New World Video's rights to Nausicaä expired in 1995.

That's a comment from the internet, but please please please don't watch warriors of the wind... its terrible... watch the studio ghibli version "Nausicaä" distributed by disney, the movie is long but fully worth it, one of my favourites... in fact just watch the whole studio ghibli collection.
    shapp Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 12:00 AM
    Lol I already own this film on vhs

And not only did they change her name, they change the entire score as well

Oh and if you look at the cover art to it, there are characters that aren't even in the movie haha
    fiend101 Posts: 234, Reputation: 56

Oct 10, 2008, 03:19 AM

When I was little, I was afraid of this movie. It was the ending when the little one is about to die then get trampled. I know it lives but gees, not good for a 4 year old! I was looking for this one awhile back, got it from the library( the original). I'm not scared of it anymore, hehe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dinasty warriors 5 [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know how to get a special horse or objects like the tigers collar

View more questions Search