Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cojulun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 04:12 PM
    Whirlpool washer agitates, but won't spin with full load
    I have a Whirlpool Ultimate Care II Quiet Wash I washing machine, Model #LSB6400LW1. The washer agitates fine, and but will not spin with a medium load WITHOUT my reaching in to the washer and helping it get started (by twisting the inner basket like a roulette wheel).

With a full load (it is a Super Capacity washer), the unit will not spin at all, even by helping it to get started.

I have a couple hypotheses, but would rather first hear from a professional repair person or someone else who has had this same issue on what could be causing the "spoin with help, but no spin with full load" syndrome. Thanks!
    Shelly_Denise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 09:25 AM
    I'm having the same problem now. It started yesterday. I overloaded the washer because I was in a hurry and when it started in the spin cycle I could smell a hot-motor-oil smell. I had stop the washer and take some of the soaking wet clothes out and start the spin manually. I've washed another load since then and I had to reach in to start the spin again. So I'm sure something is broke or stripped. I'll have to get back on the model number because I haven't checked yet, but it's a top load Whirlpool.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 11:49 PM

COjulun-ON the washer what may of happened is -the belt could have streached from the belt getting hot or may be broken,There are about (7) reasons for this to happen solets start with this cause first; #1- unplug the power cord,disconnect the water lines,hot and cold, make sure the tub has NO water in it!! ;;next pull washer out from the wall, #2- Lay washer down on the floor; front side first ' find the motor and in between the motor and the pulley ,with your thumb center ways between motor and pully ,push inward with thumbthe belt, {NOTE} there should be NO MORE THEN 3/4in defelection from stright;IF belt is not broke; BELT is loose and slipping;; to tighten the belt to factory settingsWITH A WRENCH,loosen the mounting bracket nut,after losing nut SHIFT THE MORTOR POSITION#3- to tighten the belt to is proper factory setting;; You may have to loosen and tighten the mounting bracket 2or3 times to get as close as possible,to the proper settingremember that the proper setting of the belt is 3/4"defeliction in center between motor and pullyretighten the mounting nutset machine back up right and try it out if not then tomorrow wwe can try one of thr six others;;We will need a VOLT -OHM meterto do some testing ;IF you don't have one you can get one for less then {$16.00 dollars at Lowe's< OR HOME DEPOT IN THERE ELECTRICAL DEPT. If this don't work ,then we will go to the next ste I will be waiting for your reply here on this pos Have a great day and GOD BLESS ;;F.B.E.
    john9900011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2011, 07:07 AM
    Some machines won't spin with a heavy load or excess water (Quilt) they are designed this way so they don't break!
    wayne king Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2012, 08:11 AM
    The agitator is in 2 pieces bottom work OK top doesn't

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool washer agitates but will not spin! [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool washing machine Model LSR8244EQ1 Heave Duty Super Capacity Plus Imperial 8 cycle / 2 speed The washer fills and agitates but when it comes time to spin, it does not spin. I checked to make sure no clothes were wrapped around the agitator but the agitator moves freely. I...

Ge washer agitates, does not spin [ 5 Answers ]

I have ge washer (wjsr2080t) that agitates fine, but does not spin. I have a feeling it's the water level control as when I remove the air tube from it and restart the spin cycle, it spins like a champ. Just seems odd that this would control spin. But this is a 10 yr old GE that has had so...

Whirlpool top load washer agitates for 10 seconds and stops for 5 minutes and keeps [ 1 Answers ]

Whirlpool top load washer agitates for 10 seconds and stops for 5 minutes and keeps this mode till washing cycle is done. There is no problem with draining and spinning. Can someone give me some ideas? I am desperate!

View more questions Search