Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nac_bird Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2004, 07:18 PM
    Can a married person buy real estate with out their spouse signing.
    I would like to know if a married person can buy real estate with out having their spouse signing the contracts?
    Nmaj1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2004, 02:33 PM
    Real estate
    Yes, you can buy real estate without the other spouse signing. But only if you are paying cash (no mortgage). If you are thinking of buying separately so in case the marriage ends in divorce, and are thinking the other party won't get half... you are wrong. Any real estae acquired during a marriage that last at least 3 months, the split is 50/50 even if the other doesn't sign.
    Danman215 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2005, 05:27 PM
    Prenuptial agreement
    If one is using it's own money to buy a property , would a Prenuptial Agreement avoid the spouse from getting 50/50?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real Estate [ 3 Answers ]

Does any one here know about real estate. I'm wondering which aspect of the whole career is best as in buying a house fixing it up and selling or going through companies. Or if they are two totally different things in all. Just any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Real Estate [ 7 Answers ]

We Are Selling Our Home Which Has Two Separate Properties. The People Who Want To Buy Both Properties Put In A Contract. Now They Wish To Divide To Two Contracts One For Each Property. Please Note That Both Properties Are Separately Addressed And Separately Deeded. If We Agree To This Are They...

Real Estate [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: How do I find out whether a real estate broker is licensed?

Probate real estate [ 0 Answers ]

My mother inherited a house in Michigan where she had never resided , having lived for the last 15 years in Arizona. She died a year later before the executor-lawyer transferred the deed over to her name. Is in the event of death of benifiary before title conveyed from previous estate does title...

View more questions Search