Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johndoe99 Posts: 167, Reputation: 21

Oct 5, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Internet Explorer 7
    I have a strange problem with Internet Explorer 7, I am running Windows Vista Home Basic (2 years now). This problem started about two weeks ago, whenever I go to exit out of internet explorer it freezes for about 5 seconds and then exits, I could have as few as one tab or several, its all the same. I had all the updates installed. I have McAfee Virusscan Plus installed and it gave me a clean bill of health. Oh and I also upgraded to Internet Explorer 8, with same problem.

Yesterday, I formatted and reinstalled Windows, and went straight to Internet Explorer and it was perfect, problem gone, I was prompted and re-downloaded and installed all the updates again, and the problem is back. This would seem to suggest an update is to blame, has anyone else been experiencing this or similar recently.

Thanks.

My Specs:
    Windows Vista Home Basic
    2GB RAM
    Intel Pentium 4, 3GHZ
    180GB HD
    1TB External HD
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2008, 03:44 PM

Check what add ons you have enabled

Tools, manage addons and go through list and see if there is something that you are not aware of or maybe do not use and disable

If not sure, you can also reset defaults for IE

Tools, internet options, advanced and click reset defaults
    johndoe99 Posts: 167, Reputation: 21

Oct 6, 2008, 08:45 AM

You solved it mate, it was an add-on "videoget", never thought of the addons when I was troubleshooting the cause.

Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer 7 [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for opinions on the new IE 7. Is it a good update or should I stick with IE 6 with sp2 that I'm using now? If I do update to 7 and don't like it can I get my IE 6 back? I'm using windows xp.

Internet Explorer [ 7 Answers ]

When I Click on IE it comes up but then goes blank what can I do I can't access it at all... Okay I click on internet explorer and it comes up then the whole pages just vanishes... I have broadband and I can get in internet through AOL... Not sure what the problem is

Internet Explorer [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have IE installed on mu PC running on windows 2000 but it does not open. I thought let me remove IE and re-install but I am unable to see ADD/Remove programs on the control panel. Any idea what is the problem. I can open Yahoo messenger and msn messenger.

Internet explorer [ 3 Answers ]

I keep getting spyware threats saying a high risk highjacker is trying to change my start page on internet explorer. I haven't been using IE I've been using Firefox so why am I getting these spyware warnings?

View more questions Search