Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    t4echo2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2006, 02:08 PM
    Front Porch needs boards replaced
    Hello,

My front porch needs some boards replaced. The previous owner did a quickie repair job on some rotted wood. We have 2 pillars and on the outside front corner they sawed the decking at the pillar base so now we need to hire someone to jack up the roof and replace the boards underneath. My question is what type of professional would be the best to hire for something like this as there also may need to do some brick work on the footing underneath the pillar. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

May 25, 2006, 04:46 PM
    You can hire some one who does home improvements or a handyman. Ask the handyman if he does that type of work. Some handyman just do "honey do" lists.
    If you see a company w/ 'construction' in their name, they more than likely won't do the small stuff like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Message boards [ 3 Answers ]

On top of doing photography I would also like to start a message board. I already have one planned in my head. I would like to have some tips on getting started and what do I have to look out for.

Fixing Concrete Steps - Front Porch [ 3 Answers ]

It appears that the front step on my house has settled and dropped about 6 - 8 inches from where it was originally attached to the front of the house. The house is about 20 years old with a slanted front yard and this took place long before we moved in. Originally my plan was to just add another...

Any Ideas For Porch Skirting? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. We are trying to decide what would look good as a skirting for our front porch. It previously had plain wood lattice and that has been removed. We have looked at vinyl lattice but would prefer something more solid. Has anyone had experience with stone (faux) veneer? Can't find a source for it....

Porch eroding away [ 1 Answers ]

My home is about 10 years old and the front porch is on a slope. Currently, there is no retaining wall (which I plan to add). Due to erosion over the past few years, the porch has begun to sink, pulling the molding away about 1/4 of an inch away from the brick above the door. You can see under...

Repair under front porch [ 3 Answers ]

We bought a five year old house that has a concrete front porch. The porch is only eight inches in height above the lead up sidewalk/walkway from the driveway (hope that makes sense) The builder who built the home did not put any concrete steps up to the porch Because of the only 8 inch...

View more questions Search