Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wingrun Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Oct 5, 2008, 11:40 AM
    spitting blood
    This happens to me randomly and never thought it's a big deal since I feel pretty healthy. I am mid 20s and healthy physically. Once a while I get this warm feeling in my throat (or right behind or above my throat). It feels like it's dripping to my throat or to my mouth until I realize by taste that it's blood. The blood isn't too much when I spit (there's saliva mixed into it) but it still feels very weird and worrisome at times. The exact feeling I get and what I think it might be happening is blood somehow is dripping through my nasal area. I use nasal decongestion sprays once a while but I don't find them correlated because I have used nasal sprays much more often before and never had this problem. It's also not a cut in my mouth because this happens randomly even if I'm not eating. I haven't broken my nose and never had.

Is this something normal or am I experiencing some symptom for a serious problem?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2008, 12:19 PM

No this is not normal, I would want to check it out, It can be from the nasal sprays, but you need to find out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spitting Hot Water [ 3 Answers ]

In our bath sink in detached garage, the Hot water spits, coughs. Starts about 10 seconds after turning it on and continues for 30 seconds. Garage has it's own water heater. How can I stop it?

Why is my baby spitting up so much? [ 16 Answers ]

I have a 5 month old baby this is his feeding schdule: Morning: 7 ounce bottle of formula Noon: 2-3 tablespoons of cereal mixed with juice, 5 ounce bottle of formula Afternoon: 7 ounce bottle of formula Night: 1 jar of fruit, half jar of veggies (or vice versa), 5 ounce bottle of...

Toilet is spitting up food! [ 3 Answers ]

I unwittingly put a load of spaghetti and meat sauce through my garbage disposal(After reading, I now realize that's a no-no). There is a half bath on the other side of the wall where the sink and garbage disposal are. I looked into the bathroom and saw spaghetti and meatsauce floating in the...

Lawn mower spitting oil [ 3 Answers ]

I started my lawn mower first time this season after it was buried in snow under plastic cover for 5 months. It started but it is spitting oil from the left side as you stand behind it. How can I fix this ? Or is time for a new mower ? Regards,

Spitting Blood [ 0 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I I live in Japan and she has a problem that has persisted despite thorough medical exams here and in her home country. In the morning she spits small spots of coagulated blood, usually about the size of a pin head, sometimes a little larger, but not in any great volume. She has...

View more questions Search