Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skunkman44 Posts: 76, Reputation: 5

Oct 4, 2008, 07:01 PM
    How do I get training?
    I had a life and a business of my own but now its gone. Cancer took it all away. I want to retrain but fighting my cancer took everything. EVERYTHING! Even the state and federal programs don't know what to do with me. I want to work. But after 6 years of not working is screwing me up big time.
    P
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 4, 2008, 07:06 PM
    I feel your pain, as I am a cancer survivor myself. What field were you in previously? What kind of cancer did you endure? How old are you?

I have been back to college since my cancer and am now a nurse.
    abbymimi Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Oct 4, 2008, 07:31 PM

There is an electric company in my city who prefers to have 'no experience' applicants. They want to train to their specifications. Look into this. I don't know what type of work you want to do, but there are several jobs that offer on-the-job training, i.e. copier repair, pest control, plumbing, landscaping... it's a start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog training [ 3 Answers ]

So we took in a lost dog and had put up flyers and ads everywhere to see if his family would contact us. It's been three months so we've decided we are going to keep him. He looks pretty young (probably under a year) and he likes to tear things up and jump on people. If it weren't for that he's...

IT training [ 2 Answers ]

What is the relevance of IT training in the Networking career ?

Job training [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Ghanaian and completed my Tertiary education in 2004,had done my national service.I have had a hard time finding job because I am told during interview that I have no job training. I did mechanical eng. Ples help me out Nat

View more questions Search