Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2006, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettynPetite1
    PrettynPetite1 disagrees: Stop believing that nonsense and be yourself. I'm sure you wouldn't want your daughters or nieces dating jerks.
    Hmmmm... First, I would suggest READING a post before commenting on it... ;)

When you do, you will see that I am trying to Dispel the belief that we are recommending to be a jerk or saying that girls ONLY date jerks.

Lets review...

Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    Now jerks, bad boys, etc all have one thing in common... CONFIDENCE! That is what is attractive!
    They will do what they want and they dont care what others think or say about them. They set themselves apart from the crowd. They stand out in a females mind. They break up the monotony. They're not the guys that will do anything to impress a girl because they dont NEED to TRY to impress girls. This is what is attractive.
    Now, its not that you have to be a jerk to get girls, its just that you have to have their kind of attitude.
    No hard feelings Pretty, Im just trying to make a point. You made a good point yourself: Be yourself ;) Spot on!

Now, for those of you who STILL don't get it...

Be CONFIDENT! Don't be afraid to be yourself! Be CONFIDENT! Don't be afraid of rejection! Be CONFIDENT! Don't feel that you need others approval! Be CONFIDENT! Don't feel that you need to impress people! Be CONFIDENT! Don't be spineless! Be CONFIDENT! Don't be a wuss! Be CONFIDENT! Don't be clingy! Be CONFIDENT!

... oh, and one last thing: Be CONFIDENT! :D
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

May 31, 2006, 05:59 PM
    One should always be themself(within reason) This way you won't feel like you were playing a part or acting on some game you thought up. I think you wind up fooling yourself in the end because relationships can get time consuming.

Nice guys are always better than an egomaniac. I like the strong pleasant looking type(not that I'm looking) Definitely must have a good sense of humor
    Must be destiny. Two people in harmony.

I can't complain. Especially when we have a relationship like Gomez & Morticia Adams.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2006, 04:26 AM
    Since when is it only the "bad boys, jerks", etc. that have the confidence? That's just insane.

I guess the part about the original post that bothered me was
    Remember, guys: when you like her a lot, act like you don't.
    Put yourself first. Women like jerks a lot better than nice guys.
    That's something 17 year olds do. All that fake crap will only lead you to a relationship built under false pretenses.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2006, 04:53 AM
    Just a side-note and semi-apology. In my world "p***k" is considered profane... so I changed it to "jerk". I'm second guessing myself already realizing that it was not meant to be profane... but just a "colloquialism". See here.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2006, 08:14 AM
    NeedKarma... Bad Boys aren't the only ones with confidence... Being a 'good guy' with confidence is KING!

And I agree... you have to be yourself in the real world. No fake stuff... but be busy with other stuff.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2006, 11:23 AM
    Sorry about that, rickj... point taken. That word is definitely borderline.

NeedKarma, obviously nothing is an absolute. Im not trying to say that only bad boys have confidence and that all nice guys ares wusses (is wusses okay? Lol).

Its just that when you are trying to make a point, you need to make generalizations. As if I were trying to explain the color white... I could say white like the snow.. white like the clouds... the problem is that there is brown snow, yellow snow, etc... and there are gray clouds, black clouds, etc too.

Its just the general attitude of the common "bad boy" that you want and its not the general attitude of the common "nice guy" that you want.

Its not so much being fake... you always want to be yourself... but sometimes you need to cater to natural human instincts... people want what they can't have.

You can go through your WHOLE life bending over backwards for women and sure, you may get the chance to date a few here and there...

Or you can learn the "ways," be yourself, get to do what you want, have more fun and have the pick of the litter!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guardianship rules [ 4 Answers ]

I am the court appointed guardian to my mother who is in a nursing home. She is senile, and is now running out of money and I am told it is time for me to sell the house. I want to buy it to live there while I take care of it. Does anyone know how I can do that, if its legal and what the rules are?

Men's Rules [ 1 Answers ]

We've all heard about Women's thoughts about Men, but now, here are some Men's Rules: Please note.. these are all numbered "1", cause they are all #1. 1. Men ARE not mind readers. 1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it...

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

Rules for Subpoena [ 1 Answers ]

There is a debate in our office about subpoenas for Medical records. Can the medical records be charged for? (i.e. copying cost, labor time, etc... usually not to exceed 25.00) And secondly, does there have to be a release of medical records form signed or does the paperwork that the patient signs...

View more questions Search