Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eli Hupp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Are eggs good for daschunds?
    Hello, my husband and I have a 12 month old miniature daschund. We are empty nesters so he has become our fourth child so to speak. My husband likes to scramble an egg for him after his morning walk. Are eggs good for him? I feed him baby carrots, but he prefers the egg. Thank you. Eli's Mom.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2008, 04:23 PM

I don't think it would hurt as longas it is not his lone source of nutrition
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Most commercial dog chows are carefully formulated to provide the complete and balanced diet dogs need. Add much of anything else, and you can ruin the careful balance. A whole egg sounds like quite a bit for a mini Dachshund.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 5, 2008, 07:33 PM

I wouldn't recommend eggs, it can really mess with their digestive system.

Green beans are okay, in fact, they have been known to help control seizure in dogs with epilepsy, worked for my 13 year old lab.

Table food is usually not a good idea. Stick with dog food. I buy mine at the vets office, it's more expensive, but it has less filler.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Breeding Daschunds [ 41 Answers ]

How long are they pregnant? How often do they go into heat?

Are these eggs still good? [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday I went grocery shopping and left a bag with a dozen eggs and a pound of cheddar cheese in the trunk. I did not notice they were missing until this morning when I got them out of the trunk and put them in the refrigerator. Does anyone know if they are safe to eat? Thanks.:confused:

Mini Daschunds Age [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Does anyone know how old a mini daschund can expect to live? I have Two and their getting older. I guess you can say I'm getting nervous. My daughter had to just put her dog down aftr 13yrs. Shirley Burke

Daschunds and Parakeets? [ 3 Answers ]

We have two mini piebald daschunds who are normal for their breed--they love to sniff and eat whatever they find on the floor. My daughter wants a parakeet, and as I expect a lot of birdseed debris on the floor, I am wondering if eating this would be harmful to the dogs. Also if the bird got...

Breeding Daschunds [ 2 Answers ]

I have a black and tan male miniature daschund and I will be getting a female black and tan min daschund soon. Ans I was wondering when I breed them will I only get black and tan puppies?

View more questions Search