Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tofer985 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Cashing a bad check
    A person that I work for give me 2 checks for services that I provide.I cashed those cheks in amscot a few days later I recive a leter that thoes checks were dishonerd by the bank and know the agency is charging me for that money what I can do?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2008, 03:05 PM
    You can take your employer to small claims court. But first I would give he/she a call to make them aware of what happen but I pretty sure he/she knows. Also, he/she can be reliable for any fees charged by the bank or check cashing place.
    Justice Matters Posts: 210, Reputation: 27

Oct 4, 2008, 03:39 PM
    You may also have the option of going to your "employer's" bank every now and then to see if there is sufficient money in the account to have the cheque(s) certified. If yes proceed with certification (a small fee may apply).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check cashing after levi [ 1 Answers ]

I have nad an account garnished at my credit union. Is that effective only for deposited funds, or will they snatch funds from checks I attempt to cash at a teller window?

Can they garnish a check that I'm cashing ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everybody, my checking acount was frozen because of a credit card debt, my question is if I go to my bank to cash a check with my name on it can they force me to deposit it into my seized account ? Can I just let a friend cash it for me ? Will the bank still take it even if it's deposited to...

Bankruptcy on more than 1 check cashing co. [ 3 Answers ]

Can I file bankruptcy on check cashing companies?

Cashing a bad check [ 6 Answers ]

I was given a check for a sweapstakes I won. I took the check to my local cashing agency who I always deal with. I cashed the check. A few days later the check cashing agency notified me that the check had bounced. Now the agency wants me to pay back the money to them. I already spent the...

Check Cashing [ 1 Answers ]

Can you cash a personal check against a business account or a certificate of deposit in the state of Virginia?

View more questions Search