Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joedonnacal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Salaried Vacation Pay Without Taking Time Off.
    Hello:

I am a salaried in employee in Illinois, I get 10 vacation days a year. I only used 6 vacation days, I don't take much time. I asked my boss if I could just take the pay for my remaining days and she gave it to me. Now 4 months later she told me she found out she couldn't pay me vacation time for not taking off and they are taking away 4 of my vacation days for this fiscal year. If I don't take time off because I am to busy at work can they just pay me for the days I don't take off? Or do I have to take the time off.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2008, 09:32 PM

For your sanity, take the time off. Many times vacation is use it or loose it. Depending on the company you can bank a certain amount based on seniority.

Giving and then taking away doesn't seem fair, but I've run into situations where supervisor said it was OK, but director said it wasn't when it was time to collect. In my case it was comp time not be approved by director, but was approved by supervisor.
    joedonnacal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Comment on KISS's post
    Very Good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taking my kids on vacation when my ex-wife says no [ 3 Answers ]

Please help!! My fiancé and I are going to see my family out of state for Thanksgiving, he is to have his children that weekend, we want the kids to go with us, but his Ex wife is refusing to let them go even if it is our time. What would happen if we took the kids out of state with out...

My A/C is taking a vacation [ 1 Answers ]

I need help! I live down in S. Texas and it was 92 inside my house today with the window opened. I have a Concord HVAC and it is freezing up outside in about 5 minutes. The fan outside is running fine, but the one upstairs is not kicking on at all. Does this meen I should take out the motor and...

Time off for salaried employees [ 1 Answers ]

Our company provides two weeks paid vacation a year. We have no sick time. Can a salaried person take additional days off and get paid? How frequently?

Salaried Manager using time clock [ 4 Answers ]

I am being told that it is California state law for a salaried manager to clock in and out from work. My previous employer did not make me do this and it was at a much larger corporation. Now this smaller one that I work for, says that it is the law. I don't believe it is. Do I have to clock in...

Ex taking kids out of state on vacation [ 4 Answers ]

My Ex Husband and I got divorced last year , but there was never a parenting plan established. I am custodial parent though. My ex has been recently causing more problems, and being manipulative with his kids telling them that they are going to get to talk with someone and choose whom they live...

View more questions Search