language and manipulation
    I got some words..
    Democracy
    Liberation
    Nuclearpower
    Duty
    Responsibility
    Massdestruction
    ... that I would like You to value. Are they positive/negative or could you only tell by putting them in context?What kind of associations do You get?

Hi!

Some words have connotative power regardless of context. Democracy is one of these. It connotes fairness, freedom, peace, even prosperity--especially since the prime democracy--the United States, is the richest country on earth. This doesn't mean, of course, that this connotation is the one which ALL people perceive. Those born in communist countries, for example, might have been socialized to perceive the word negatively. In such a case, the word "democracy" might connote imperialism, aggression, threat.

But generally speaking, it is a word perceived positively.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

English as a second language [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, could you rephrase /say in other words/ "When you have sinned grievously, the devil is waiting." I need to translate that in my native language but I can't get the meaning. I'd like to thank Judith for the previous answer. It was of great help for me.

Language [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Language Experts, I Want To Learn A Foreign Lanhuage.I Have Two Options French And German.can U Tell Me Which 1 Of Those Can Give Me Better Career Opportunities?

First language literacy and second language litera [ 1 Answers ]

What are the differences between first language literacy and second language literacy?

Manipulation [ 1 Answers ]

i

View more questions Search