Ask
    Fatman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2006, 12:35 AM
    Psychological Programming
    How do you Program the Subconscious mind? Explain in detail Please!:D
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jul 16, 2006, 09:42 PM
    Various methods are used such as self hypnosis, positive affirmations, visualization of desired outcomes, subliminal suggestions. These are based on the assumption that whatever the subconscious is fed it tries to bring to reality in our lives. Picture yourself as a loser constantly and the subconscious will try to make you fail. Not because it is your enemy, simply because it thinks that's what you want it to do. In short the subconscious is neither against you or for you, it behaves like a machine-as computer of sorts that reacts to the task it is given. That's why positive imagery, and statements are used in order to tell the subconscious that's what you want it to work on. Below is an interesting article.

Like computer programs, we can be misconfigured and need to reprogram our subconscious minds. " Evelyn Cole
    http://www.howtoadvice.com/Preview/Uuuldfb
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Sep 18, 2006, 03:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman
    Ah, how indeed!

M:)

Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    Various methods are used such as self hypnosis, positive affirmations, visualization of desired outcomes, subliminal suggestions. These are based on the assumption that whatever the subconscious is fed it tries to bring to reality in our lives. Picture yourself as a loser constantly and the subconscious will try to make you fail. Not because it is your enemy, simply because it thinks that's what you want it to do. In short the subconscious is neither against you or for you, it behaves like a machine-as computer of sorts that reacts to the task it is given. That's why positive imagery, and statements are used in order to tell the subconscious that's what you want it to work on. Below is an interesting article.

Like computer programs, we can be misconfigured and need to reprogram our subconscious minds. " Evelyn Cole
    http://www.howtoadvice.com/Preview/Uuuldfb

The subconscious is inaccessible to us. According to Freud, the SC determines what we are, how we respond, etc, and is the repository of hidden repressed materials. We can fenagle our Conscious but our Subconscious, like our ID, fenagles us, until and unless our Alter-Ego is sufficiently developed to overpower impulses from beneath that seek to determine our behaviour, responses, etc.

I will view Cole's article but do not expect it to be of any consequence, because if the statement you attribute to her is her own, then her proposition is laughable, and whatever follows probably owes more to Disney than to scientific psychology.

ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 18, 2006, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman
    Why do you ask?

Sep 18, 2006, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Why do you ask?

Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Nov 9, 2006, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganite
    Ah, how indeed!

The subconscious is inaccessible to us....

Excerpt:
    Hypnosis is a state of mind in which a person's conscious critical thinking mind is bypassed and communication with the subconscious mind is established.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnosis

Nov 10, 2006, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    Excerpt:
    Hypnosis is a state of mind in which a person's conscious critical thinking mind is bypassed and communication with the subconscious mind is established.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnosis
    I agree that that is the intention, but psychotherapy is still in its formative stages and the understanding (!) of it changes every few years. Not all psychologists go along with Freud's categories, so the question is still very open. It is well to remember that the id, subconscious, and super-ego are terms for things that are posited but not demonstrated. Under hypnosis or the so-called 'cathartic' drugs, who can say with any degree of certaintly that the subconscious has been accessed?

Psychoanalysis has been described as like a farmer who wants to know the weight of his pig, who lays a plank acoss a wall and puts the pig on one and, and selects various heavy stones to place on the other end, and when he finds one that balances, he guesses the weight of the stone.

Are we to believe that a person's mind is not under his own control? If so, what does that say about moral agency and the freedom to choose?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

C programming [ 2 Answers ]

I'll be extremely thankful if u could provide me with a c program that convert a given nfa to dfa

Psychological conflict: strong fear & strong love toward the same girl [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been experiencing some kind of psychological conflict for more than 1 year. Whenever he increases his love to me, his fear of losing me to another man increases. Last year, his psychological conflict made him misunderstand me a lot. For example, when he saw a tiny sign related...

Should Probation Officers Undergo Psychological testing? [ 13 Answers ]

HI! I'm in the middle of doing research for a law firm in Michigan Concerning whether probation officers should be required to under go Psychological testing like police officers do. If anyone has any Comments or stories they would like to share concerning this topic Please feel free, I'm...

Psychological thing? [ 15 Answers ]

I've know this girl for almost a year, but we have only been dating for about 4 months. Everything is great, nothing is wrong... except myself. I'm better now then I have been with it in the beginning of the relationship but it's still there and I want to null it out. This mostly has to do with...

View more questions Search