Ask
    ravana2 Posts: 146, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Los angeles
    YouTube - Tent cities spring up in LA
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 07:00 AM

It is not just LA, Reno has a big tent city also.

Tent cities rise across the country - Life - MSNBC.com
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Homelessness started with Reagan . It continued through the term of GHW Bush .Then it mysteriously disappeared for 8 years during the reign of Bill Clintoon .Then homelessness started again on Jan. 20, 2001 and has been with us ever since although it usually shows peaks during election cycles.

I can think of another 535 members of Congress that I'd like to see jobless.

I thought this is the way the Goracle wants us to live ?
    Where are all those vacant FEMA trailers ?

My solution would begin with the deportation of illegals and providing those jobs to the homeless . Maybe use some of that bailout money that they plan to send to the friends of Dodd to expand drug and job counseling .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2008, 08:11 AM
    Hello tom:

I used to be able to rely on your comments to be fairly grounded... But now I see that you've simply drunk the kookaid.

Friends of Dodd?? Dude!

I guess you forget WHO brought us this CRISIS? I guess you forget WHICH party was in charge of congress for 8 of the last 10 years. I guess you forget WHICH dufus is IN CHARGE and WHICH party he is leading. I guess you forget how many billions were made by the friends of the DUFUS. I guess you forget WHO appointed REPUBLICAN Paulson and which party he belonged to?? I guess you forget that it was the REPUBLICAN Paulson who asked us to give him $700 BILLION with NO oversight...

I guess politics makes one forget a LOT of stuff...

excon
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 09:31 AM

And while the politicians politic, the homeless problem grows.
    But seriously folks, think about it. Riding a bicycle with a giant bag of aluminum cans strapped to it, while the wife and kids wait back at the tent for food, really is as green as the middle class can get.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Oct 5, 2008, 04:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello tom:

I used to be able to rely on your comments to be fairly grounded... But now I see that you've simply drunk the kookaid.

Friends of Dodd?? Dude!

I guess you forget WHO brought us this CRISIS? I guess you forget WHICH party was in charge of congress for 8 of the last 10 years. I guess you forget WHICH dufus is IN CHARGE and WHICH party he is leading. I guess you forget how many billions were made by the friends of the DUFUS. I guess you forget WHO appointed REPUBLICAN Paulson and which party he belonged to?? I guess you forget that it was the REPUBLICAN Paulson who asked us to give him $700 BILLION with NO oversight...

I guess politics makes one forget a LOT of stuff...

Excon

Obama's Fannie Mae 'Connection' - Fact Checker

The profile reported that Raines, who retired from Fannie Mae four years ago, had "taken calls from Barack Obama's presidential campaign seeking his advice on mortgage and housing policy matters."
    Why would Obama's camp even call this guy? He committed fraud.

OpenSecrets | Update: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Invest in Lawmakers - Capital Eye

After < 4 years in the senate Obama is #2

Barney Frank's Fannie and Freddie Muddle - Sam Dealey (usnews.com)

So five years ago, there was one of those rare moments in Washington when the branches and personalities of government—in this case, the Bush administration—are less interested in protecting or expanding their turf than in fixing a looming catastrophe. [What was Frank's response to the proposal?

"These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis," said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2008, 06:28 AM

There have been homless for decades, for years people living in abandoned buildings, under highway bridges. Most cities keep them more hidden away, cleaned up and moved for certain things and most certainly kept out of some neighborhoods

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant law in Los angeles [ 2 Answers ]

If I give a 30 day notice, am I still held to the terms of my lease until I move out.

TR in los angeles [ 1 Answers ]

Any one knows where to get TR for retouch in los angels, santa monica area? And if my hair is falling out from the last TR, it was 3 months ago, is the new TR going to be applied only to the new hair or the treated hair as well?

Job hunting in Los Angeles [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for a job in Los Angeles. I do have A Lot of experience, have been a producer for advertising agencies and production companies for TV commercials and stills. However.. it seems SO hard to find a job. I have no idea whether this is because I am European or whether the...

View more questions Search