Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slam858 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2006, 07:50 PM
    Do I need to test?
    I live in Virginia. My wife has just had a baby girl and there is a question of paternity. I am willing to accept this child as my own and have read that in Va, the husband is presumed to be the father. There is no father listed on the BC. Do I need to have a paternity test to have my name placed on the certificate? Do I need to test if I do not want to disprove my paternity or will my acceptance be sufficient?
    alluwanted Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

May 24, 2006, 10:28 PM
    If you are legall married, when the child is born, father's name may be entered in the registered.
    68-3-305. Father's name on birth certificate - Surname of child.

If the couple is not married, there are some formalities.
    Adding father's name to birth record

Illinois Vital Records - Correcting Birth Records Frequently Asked
    Questions

Regards

Ramesh
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 05:40 AM
    Hi,
    I would see a Lawyer; shouldn't cost very much just to ask about this. It would be for your own peace of mind, and be Professional advice. I am 64, not a lawyer, been divorced, but now remarried for 29 yrs.
    You might also talk with a lawyer about your future plans towards this child. If you aren't sure it's yours, then will something like this happen again? Are you willing to accept it, or was it a "one time" affair? Before marriage, or during?
    I think it's great you are willing to accept the child as yours. Once you do, it will be yours; unless the "real" father, if not you, contests it.
    Please see a lawyer to rule out future possibilities that might not be pleasant with the child.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 25, 2006, 06:04 PM
    There are many legal ramifications, taking responsiblitly and being a legal father are two things, first there is the question of family medical history for the child in latter years,

So you need to first really know who the bio father is for everyone's knowledge, if you are ready and willing to be the responsible party, you will be the dad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Test [ 4 Answers ]

Test:confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :D :D http://www.lunarforums.com/forum/Smileys/default/woot_jump.gif

What's the diff between diaelectric test and insulation test [ 1 Answers ]

I am puzzled, What exactly is the difference between diaelectric test and insulation test. Some says it the same, but others says it's because one applied power to perform the test the latter don't. And some says both are using power but one is using AC power and the other using Dc power. There...

Test [ 2 Answers ]

This is a test

Negative test [ 2 Answers ]

My period was due to start January 7th. My last one was December 10th. I have my period every 28 days. I was also due to start February 4th but didn't. I have taken six home tests that came back negative. I feel pregnant and I have all the symptoms of pregnancy. Anyone had this problem? Do you...

View more questions Search