Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Justmslil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 10:53 AM
    My water sample turns clear when I Check my PH and Chlorine
    It took us 2 months to finally get our Green Pool to get clear. But it is cloudy. I added the clear blue, and it is still cloudy. I added it again, same results. Now when I check my PH, instead of the color matching the test tube to indicate low, average or high, the water turns clear in the vial. It does the same for my chlorine. I have added the PH increase, twice, with absolutely no results, other than it looked a little bit transparent orange, and then transparent pinkish. But it is really basically clear. The chlorine reading is doing the same. We have shocked it, and also added liquid chlorine. But the test results are the same... CLEAR! However, the water is still cloudy!! Can you please assist, and tell my the best you can, what may be wrong. I realize without water samples, it is difficult, but we are really tired of going back and forth to the pool stores and purchasing more and more supplies. Any suggestion will be helpful. We have an above ground pool, 28' round, 4' deep.
    daniellemaher00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 10:59 AM

Mite be something to do with your testing kit it happened to me with my marine tank get a new kit
    albinfla Posts: 310, Reputation: 35

Oct 3, 2008, 09:53 AM

It sounds like your chlorine is extremely high and bleaching out your test reagents. You can check that by using half bottled water, and half pool water in your tester. Or, you may need 3/4 bottled water and 1/4 pool water to dilute the concentration. Then it will tell you if your test kit is defective or your chlorine is so high it is bleaching out your test drop reagents. You could also check it by trying your test kit on your faucet, if you have municipal water.

Now, what are your other parameters? If you took a sample to the pool supply, they should have given you ph, chlorine, tds, alkalinity, and hardness.

You can buy a test kit that has all of those parameters in it. Those are all necessary to proper maintenance.

The cloudiness can be caused by either chemical imbalance, air in the lines, or a filter malfunction.

Let us know what type of pump, and filter you have also. We'll see if we can help.
    Al

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water handle turns wrong way after I installed new water valve [ 6 Answers ]

Water handle turns wrong way, after I installed new water valve

Bumps Caused by Chlorine Water [ 7 Answers ]

I need help?. If you go swimming I heard that like public pools have chlorine water in it and were just inviting stuff into our private stuff ,well I didn't believe that until I got little bumps on the layer of my skin where it is not really noticeable but its on the inside two layers on the...

Hot Water Not Clear [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on the hot water in the kitchen, the water does not come out clear. Even when it gets hot its still not clear. The cold water comes out not clear in the beginning but it clears up after running . Any ideas. Thanks

Clear water brown looking [ 3 Answers ]

My poor dad is at his wits end with his pool. He recently had new bitumen on the road which he lives in and after that his pool has now gone very bad. He has had the water tested which is all clear however the pool certainly does not look clear. It is a fibreglass pool and the water looks brown...

View more questions Search