Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karin Lash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Genie Pro 88 will not open electrically
    I have a Genie Pro 88 Garage Door Opener. It had a hard-wired opener on the outside of the garage and I also had a portable opener that I kept in my car. Everything was working fine and then one day, I hit the button on the opener in my car & the Door opened only a little bit then went down. I tried again - same results. I tried again after a little while & the door wouldn't open at all. I changed the batteries in the portable opener thinking that was the problem (it wasn't) and I removed the hard-wired remote on the garage thinking that was broken and needed to be replaced - doubt it and no matter what I did, I still wasn't able to get the door to open.

When I do press an opener, the lights come on, but the door does not budge. I had to disengage the door & am opening and closing it manually. Fall is here, winter is just around the corner and I have to get this fixed. Any idea if this is fixable and if so, what do you think is wrong? Thanks very much:)
    crimebuster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Hi Karin, I have the same problem with my Genie pro-88--did you get it working and would you please share with me what you learned--I'm not sure what direction to go with this problem, and it's very frustrating! Thanks so much! Best regards, Anne:)
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 09:48 PM

Try adjusting upward force control, located under light lens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrically charged atom [ 8 Answers ]

An electricall charged atom is a) elemt b) ion c)organic molecule d) molecule Help please! Thanks:)

Oxford genie [ 1 Answers ]

I have a software named oxford genie... by moving cursor at any word.. it displays the meaning of that word.but now it is unable to even read any word.please help me out.it doesn't respond now.

Electrically charged atom [ 1 Answers ]

An electricall charged atom is a) elementt b) ion c)organic molecule d) molecule Help please! Thanks:)

View more questions Search