Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boric16969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Connect HDTV system with components
    How do I connect an HDTV system that is made up of a cable box (HD digital with DVR), Panasonic plasma HD TV, Onkyo A/V receiver and Panasonic DVD recorder/VCR combo.

I am attempting to achieve optimal video and audio.

I currently have everything run through the A/V receiver but the cable guy tells me to run the cable box to the TV instead of the receiver.

I currently have:
    HDMI cable from cable box to receiver
    HDMI cable from DVD to receiver
    Optical cable from DVD to receiver
    HDMI cable from receiver to TV
    As well as surround sound all into the receiver.

Is this correct and will I still be able to utilize the DVR as well as use TV independently of the receiver if need be.
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Oct 2, 2008, 08:58 AM

I just had HD satilite put in and the service man that hooked it up for me told me the only way to get true surround through the receiver was to run an optical from my receiver to my DTV receiver or else its just synthasized surround not true surround. Other wise what you described is what I have. I used an S cable for my DVD player.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect Vaio laptop to sharp HDTV [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Vaio laptop (I think the model is PCG-7T1L(that is what it says on the bottom) but it also says VGN-N130G near the screen) and I am trying to use my Sharp HDTV as a second monitor, to watch movies. I have the right cord (VGA to component video, the blue,red and green plug ins to the...

How to connect GoVideo VCR/DVD combo to Sony HDTV [ 2 Answers ]

I've connected the Sony HDTV to the cable box with the HDMI cables. Connected the component cables from the TV to the VCR/DVD player with all the appropriate colors. The VCR/DVD player is plugged in and works but no picture when the TV is on input HDMI, and the VCR player works when on input...

Trying to connect Zenith DVD/VCR HTIB to Emerson LCD HDTV? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I (actually my mother) has just bought a 32 inch Emerson LCD HDTV model #LC320EM8 and I need to connect the Zenith DVD/VCR HTIB model #XBS444 that I bought three years ago to it. There is no cable box currently. I have the normal hookup like you would have the cable going into the VCR...

How do I connect a DVD Recorder to Satellite Box to HDTV? [ 1 Answers ]

Here's what I'm trying to connect: Phillips DVD Recorder Model DVDR3400 (which has 1 HDMI input) DirecTV HD Receiver (which also has 1 HDMI input) Panasonic Plasma HDTV Model TH-42PX60U (has 2 HDMI inputs) And this is what I have in the way of cables: 1 HDMI cable 1 component video...

Major components of computer system.. [ 1 Answers ]

Wouldn't the major components in a large company computer be the same as the major compnents in any computer? With the exception of networking hardware perhaps.

View more questions Search