Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    igilvarry Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2006, 04:53 AM
    1994 Civic - Check Engine "Orange" lamp and Engine revs when idling
    Two questions realting to my Honda Civic ESI - 1994 model.

1) When I turn on the ignition key there is a Check Engine lamp displayed in Orange which is remaining On for progressively longer. Car not be started until this light disappears. Eventually after 3-5 seconds light turns off and engine starts normally. Is it spark plug or fuel pump related or something else ?

2) Engine revs when idling. The RPM counter shows increasing revs and then decreasing again even when foot is off the accelerator.
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

May 24, 2006, 03:21 PM
    Read your ECU for error codes first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

95 Honda Civic "Check Engine" Light [ 15 Answers ]

Hi. Was driving my 95 Honda Civic LX (115000 miles) to work this morning when the Check Engine light came on. Car was not overheating, no obvious problem, oil level fine. Ran all day with no further problem indications, but the Check Engine light stayed on. What is the possible problems?? Note...

94 civic check engine light code #1 [ 2 Answers ]

I just put a new engine in my civic(I called honda to make sure it was the right one) and the check engine light is coming on with a code #1 which is oxygen sensor problem so I replaced it but it is still on and when the car idols it goes high to low rpms.

93 Civic EX 4dr Check Engine Light, no codes, overheating [ 7 Answers ]

I own a 93 civic ex 4dr (all stock) and have had a check engine light problem with my vehicle ever since I got it back from the mechanic. The original problem was the main relay which I had figured and resoldered but the other problem behind it was the black/yellow cable going from the main relay...

"Service Engine soon light" is on [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My car is Buick Lesabra- limited 1992. "Service engine soon" light recent is on. It is scaned a Code 41------ "No camshaft reference signal". A garage guy changed a camshaft sensor for my car, but the light is still on. What else problem is it? How to fix it? Thanks.

What are the possible reasons for my Check Engine Light Came on in my 96 honda civic [ 4 Answers ]

My check engine light came on in my 96 honda civic dx coupe Friday morning on my way to school. It was cold and I didn't give it time to warm up because I was running late. It was a very bumpy ride to school but drove home fine. The light came on as soon as I started it. It has only traveled...

View more questions Search