Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skyrocket Away Posts: 173, Reputation: 6

Oct 1, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Good eye makeup with glasses?
    Hello, I'm a 17 year old girl. I have to wear my glasses 24/7 and I can't get contacts because I have a muscle problem in my eye. So, I was wondering if there was any good eye make-up advice that you could give? Like, eye shadows, mascaras, liner, all that jazz. I am the worst girl in the world, because I have no clue as how to apply make-up and what will look good with my skin/eyes/hair. So any advice would be amazing!
    I'll put a picture of myself at the bottom, so you can know what I look like and get an idea of something that'll look good on me.
    Thanks a lot to all the people that help! <3 :)

ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 1, 2008, 12:50 PM

For YOU, I wouldn't go with too much makeup because you have a beautiful complexion. I would say some light eyeliner and mascara and natural toned eye shadows.
    Bural21 Posts: 190, Reputation: 18

Oct 5, 2008, 01:20 PM

I am similar to you - dark hair with a medium like skin tone. Generally, I wear black eyeliner with a very natural colored eyeshadow, and some mascara here are the exact products I use:
    Mascara: Lash Blast by, Covergirl
    Eyeshadow: Covergirl Eyeshadow (Champagne)
    Eyeliner: Avon Glimmersticks (Black)

Oct 5, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    For YOU, I wouldn't go with too much makeup because you have a beautiful complexion. I would say some light eyeliner and mascara and natural toned eye shadows.
    Thank you! That's so sweet. And thank you so much. I'm going to try this. (:

Oct 5, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bural21 View Post
    I am similar to you - dark hair with a medium like skin tone. Generally, I wear black eyeliner with a very natural colored eyeshadow, and some mascara here are the exact products I use:
    Mascara: Lash Blast by, Covergirl
    Eyeshadow: Covergirl Eyeshadow (Champagne)
    Eyeliner: Avon Glimmersticks (Black)
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! (:
    Bural21 Posts: 190, Reputation: 18

Oct 5, 2008, 04:06 PM

You're welcome!
    basicallyiloveu Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

Feb 3, 2009, 02:43 PM

First of all you are really pretty! Your skin has NO spots! How do you do it? I'm 15 and the spots keep coming! I would just go with light colors. Maybe like tan and beige? Because you have brown eyes it will look really good!
    mackythehacker Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Feb 9, 2009, 03:46 PM

(kinda weird coming from a guy but.. )

I would say ''gosh'' black eyeliner pencil, not too much, maybe some darker eye-shadow around the top of your eyes...

It really depends on what look your going for :)

Mar 21, 2009, 10:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by basicallyiloveu View Post
    First of all you are really pretty!! Your skin has NO spots!! How do you do it? I'm 15 and the spots keep coming!! I would just go with light colors. Maybe like tan and beige? Because you have brown eyes it will look really good!
    Aww! Thank you so much. That's so sweet. But, I'm sorry. I don't do anything to my skin. I don't even wash my face. I'm sorry I can't help. ): But thank you! I'll really take into concideration your ideas. (: <3

Mar 21, 2009, 10:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mackythehacker View Post
    (kinda weird coming from a guy but..)

i would say ''gosh'' black eyeliner pencil, not too much, maybe some darker eye-shadow around the top of your eyes...

it really depends on what look your going for :)
    Lol, why is it weird coming from a guy? Now adays more guys wear makeup then chicks. But thanks. (:
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Mar 22, 2009, 08:27 AM

Navy blue eyeliner looks great with dark eyes. You could also try a light colored lipgloss. You can watch some YouTube videos to see ways to apply make-up.
    hellothere1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 4

Apr 30, 2009, 08:47 AM

Wow you really don't need makeup do you, lucky thing!! But to make your eyes stand out more under the glasses, just try black liquid eyeliner just above your top lashes, so a really thin line on your top eyelid and then a few sweeps of black mascara on just your top eyelashes! :)
    hellothere1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 4

Apr 30, 2009, 08:48 AM

Also if your daring enough you could really get away with a red lipstick. Try subtle reds to begin with. It would really make your skin and hair stand out!

Apr 30, 2009, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hellothere1 View Post
    also if your daring enough you could really get away with a red lipstick. try subtle reds to begin with. it would really make your skin and hair stand out!!
    Thank you. I appreciate your answer. (: <3
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 10:27 PM

I think the red lipstick look would be a great look for you, but I would go with something a little more subtle and natural-looking. I would suggest a lipstain or tinted gloss. Both of which you should be able to find with an SPF.
    KateBell88 Posts: 51, Reputation: 8

May 3, 2009, 12:36 AM

Check out this YouTube vid - she shows you exactly how to do your makeup and she has a similar complexion to u ;)

YouTube - Makeup For Glasses

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good things about glasses [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 14 and have worn glasses since I was 5. I always think people think I am weird or dorky but boys say I look cute so that's a good thing! And in my case they make you look older and smarter!:)

Mineral Makeup, Good/Bad? [ 10 Answers ]

I have very dry skin and my skin has an uneven tone. I am pale with a few freckles here and there and some redness also (gotta be the Irish). Anyway, I was wondering if I used a good brand of mineral makeup, would this be a better alternative to other foundations? If anyone has used any type of...

Makeup air [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have a 2 family that has 2 furnaces and a water heater w/ a total of 230000 BTU the mech room it is in is 1229.2 cubic ft the whole basement (finished) is 5562.2 cubic ft I installed four 16''vents one 12'' one 8'' and put a 24''x30'' vent on the door.The 16'' vents I put 2 up high &...

Makeup Kit [ 3 Answers ]

So, you know those eyeshadow sets that you can get at Walmart and Fred Meyer and such? I love those for the fact that they have a wide variety of eyeshadow colors. But hate that fact that the makeup islow quality. Do any good makeup brands make these?:p

View more questions Search