Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zulfi63 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2006, 04:40 AM
    Damaged condom
    In case condom is damaged while using and u suspect that siemeb may have gone into the womb, then what precaution should be taken to avoid pregnancy
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 04:51 AM
    Well if you think the condom got damaged whilst having sex and you are worried, then it is best to pay a visit to a local Clinic or GP to request the morning after pill - you can do so up to 3 days after the event, but the sooner the better!

Also it is very wise to go on the Contraceptive Pill and use condoms at the same time.

The contraceptive Pill is 99.9% effective and condoms will safeguard you from STI's.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 04:56 AM
    The contraceptive pill is one of the best inventions man ever made ;)
    zulfi63 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2006, 04:58 AM
    What u say about side effects of using contraceptive pills? Name a safe contaceptive pill. Thanks
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 05:00 AM
    I used to take it, never had any bad side effects.. but u have to go to a doctor before you take any pill, as they test you to see which pill is suited for you.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 05:00 AM
    I am on the combined contraceptive pill! But that does not mean to say it will work for you.

You need to consult your local GP or Clinic about this. They will be able to inform youof the different types and recommend one that suits you and your lifestyle best.

There is also an injection you can have - but I don't know much about it as I don't do needles.

Talk to you GP or visit your local clinic!
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 05:01 AM
    There's Jasmin, Microgynon 30 and a load more
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 05:10 AM
    HI,
    As other answers have said, your Doctor will know the best pill for you.
    Also, something about condoms and pills:
    The manufacturers of these state that they are not a 100% guarantee against pregnancy. The pill is rated high against pregnancy, but again, not 100%.
    The only sure way to avoid becoming pregnant is to abstain. At the last study, it was shown that at least 40% of all girls in the US are pregnant before they are 20 yrs old!. reported by a National News Network. That's 4 out of every 10 girls.
    Are you ready to start taking chances? I do wish you the best.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 24, 2006, 05:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfi63
    What u say about side effects of using contraceptive pills? Name a safe contaceptive pill. Thanks
    OK, the pill has been around for over forty years now, and I'm quite sure that it is safer now than it was upon discovery. So, it's never a good idea to use not wanting an 'unsafe pill' in leu of 'unsafe sex', and, as an adult in charge of your own body - you're the one to have to make that choice.

We've all heard about what an 'unsafe pill' can do, change your hormones, possible side effects, etc. We've also all heard of the side effects of 'unsafe sex' and those are too numerous to count - but unfortunately there is no printed warning material inclosed with the product to stop us before it's too late. Therefore, we should all be more aware of what we 'let into' our bodies - if you know what I mean.

For any medication, it's always the best to see a clinician to get evaluated for the best brand, strength, etc - and this applies to ALL medication you plan on taking. (Too bad we don't seek advice on the best 'brand' and 'strength' of the relationships we get into before it's too late.)

Also, if all else fails, and you are really paranoid about the risk of pregnancy - let me suggest a sure-fire way of avoiding it - ABSTAIN.

Abstinancy during the 'fertile' days of a cycle is still the best way - it not only prevents pregnancy - it also prevents diseases, frustration, and heartache.

Good luck in your choices - and please take good care of your body.

Yup, that's better than unwanted pregnancies or diseases - so spread it and you won't regret it.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2006, 11:49 AM
    Unfortunately there's not much that can be done at that point. When a condom fails it raises the risk of pregnancy almost to the level of not having used any protection at all. The only saving grace may be that if the condom was coated with a spermicide that may be sufficient to keep any sperm from reaching the egg. Of course, there's always the possibility that the woman's cycle is at a point where conception isn't possible.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2006, 12:50 AM
    RickJ this is another post I'm subsribed toobut not appearing on my profile
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2006, 06:56 AM
    RickJ, its still happening!
    Im subscribed to some threads where I place my post and they are not appearing on my profile
    nimmyajit Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 02:08 AM
    You can take a emergency contraceptive pill immediately after the sexual intercourse. The first tablet immediately and second one within 24 hours.
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Apr 19, 2007, 12:47 PM
    If you talk to a OBGYN, they'll give you a prescription for Plan B/ The Morning-after pill/ Emergency Contraception, which you can take up to five days after sex, although the sooner the better chances it will work correctly.
    Keep in mind that if you are ALREADY pregnant, the morning-after will NOT work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property damaged by Katrina, inherited and now sold [ 3 Answers ]

How do I determine the taxes owed on property sold that was severely damaged by Hurricane Katrina? The house was flooded by Katrina's storm surge, and my father lost his life that day. The estate has closed and my sister and I inherited the property. Prior to the storm the home FMV was...

Damaged hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hello guys, does any one know how to fix damaged hair from relaxer and dye, my hair is so damaged and is falling out like crazy and it looks so dead. I tried to mosturize it but I need something more drastic,and does oil help and how you put it? Over nightbefore washing it or you use it instead of...

Damaged Goods [ 18 Answers ]

I purchased a home and after the contract for the sale was executed, the seller’s wife contacted me and asked me if I was interested in purchasing the new custom draperies that were on the windows. She told me that she wanted $1,700. I agreed and told her that I would pay her separately at...

Water damaged lamanated tile repair [ 2 Answers ]

Noticed that water from washer got underneath wooden lamanated tiles. Some tiles are starting to raise up. How do I make the repairs? Thanks

No signal for monitor -- damaged motherboard? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, hopefully somebody out there can help me out: This is a little long but I want to give you all the info I can- My Dad has a computer that’s a few years old, about a month ago it stopped turning on so he went and bought a new power supply and installed it. Now it came on but wouldn’t...

View more questions Search