Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    landomy Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Two Admin Accounts in my PC
    Hello all,

I have Two Admin accounts in my PC and it is a problem to me, How can I delete it and there is no delete option.

Admin 1 and Admin 2

I want Admin 2 to be in my computer, Admin 2 have the delete option in USER ACCOUNT, but in Admin 1 there is no a delete option and I want to delete admin 1

I hope u understand what is my problem :S

Regard
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Oct 1, 2008, 12:49 PM

If you boot into safe mode (hammer f8 before the windows loading screen comes up), you should see another Administrator account on the welcome screen, log into that and delete from there
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 1, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Sounds like the Admin 1 account is the original setup or FULL administrator account.
    It is NOT advised to delete this one at all.
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Oct 1, 2008, 03:14 PM

You can set admin 2 for a limited account, and rename it if you want. Or, you can create another user account. If you can get into admin 1 by using safemode, then that's probably the main admin account.
    iFire Posts: 39, Reputation: -1

Oct 10, 2008, 11:26 AM

Just log onto the account you want to delete.
    landomy Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cogs View Post
    you can set admin 2 for a limited account, and rename it if you want. or, you can create another user account. if you can get into admin 1 by using safemode, then that's probably the main admin account.
    I think it is the good idea but all my data there in admin 2 :S
    But what can I do

Quote Originally Posted by tf7426 View Post
    if you boot into safe mode (hammer f8 before the windows loading screen comes up), you should see another Administrator account on the welcome screen, log into that and delete from there
    I did what you say but nothing change :S, I mean there is no delete option for Admin 1
    So what do you think. How can I do that

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Sounds like the Admin 1 account is the original setup or FULL administrator account.
    It is NOT advised to delete this one at all.
    OK do you know how to do Admin 2 as the original Administration :), instead of Admin 1

Quote Originally Posted by iFire View Post
    Just log onto the account you want to delete.
    No I'm searching for another solutions

Thank you tr7426, curlyben, cogs, iFire for your response :)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 11, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by landomy View Post
    ok do you know how to do Admin 2 as the original Administration :), instead of Admin 1
    I think you have missed my point.
    You cannot delete the original system administrator account as it is used during the recovery process.
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Oct 12, 2008, 02:27 PM

When you create another account, you can copy admin2's data to that account. You'll have to manually copy the files to the new account, through a file manager like windows explorer. They are under 'documents and settings'... just look for the account names.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

XP Local Administrator Accounts Lose Admin Group Membership [ 6 Answers ]

Could somebody tell me why I lose the administrators group membership on a user account on a Win XP Pro box? I believe it is related to GPO, but cannot determine this to be the case and it would most likely have to be a local GPO - not domain GPO. Could anybody assist with informing me how I can...

What is the difference between accounts payable and accounts receivable? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between accounts payable and accounts receivable?

View more questions Search