Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trobertson Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 06:45 AM
    Deep well problems (still !)
    I am still having problems with this guys deep well ! We had tried cartridge filters, water softner, chlorination etc... Just about everything everyone has suggested.
    We had the water tested at our local health dept. And it came back fine except that it had coliform/ and they suggested we chlorinate. We followed their recommendations of 1 gal of bleach for every 15ft of well.
    Cleared up somewhat but just comes back... We could never get rid of this black in the water.
    The pump finally gave out and we replaced it . Ran the new pump for 2.5 hours and it quit also. Upon pulling it up, we soon found out why it quit.
    It was caked up with black sludge so much it couldn't get water to pump.
    We've tried to get a well drilling company to come out but they won't.
    We have an open ended deep well,no point !
    Our well is approx 335 ft deep with the steel casing stopping at 285 . Our pump sits approx 215 ft.
    Has something collasped ? We finally found a company to come and blow the pipe but they cautioned that might collaspe the well .
    Any ideas ?

They said they left the well open ended because they had to go through limestone.

Anyone heard of anything like this before ?

Trobertson
    HELPING THE HANDICAPPED
    albinfla Posts: 310, Reputation: 35

Oct 1, 2008, 06:24 PM

Wells are very regional in terms of how they are constructed. It still sounds like the substance is bio-growth to me.

The simplest thing is calcium hypochlorite sticks or tabs. I would suggest putting slow-dissolve chlorine sticks or tablets down there. 1 pound of chc equals 2 gallons of bleach. Make sure you use chc only... not stabilized pool tablets. Stabilized pool tabs have cyanuric acid in them. If you do use those, just don't drink the water until you're sure it is cleared out.

Another thing I have done to clear nasty bio-growths in wells is... I have put chlorine feed pumps on well-heads. I install them with a trickle feed of water going back down the well to carry the chlorine back down into the water.

Of course this advice all hinges on the assumption that is biological.

I still don't understand why they didn't grout the bottom of the well. That is SOP here. But, I'm a water treatment professional, not a well/ pump man.
    Al

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deep Deep Depths [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the approximate depth of the deepest point in the ocean? Any ocean, the deepest one obviously hahaha Thanks

Deep web [ 5 Answers ]

Hi does any one know ow I can get onto the deep web of an ordinary computer?

Deep cut [ 1 Answers ]

I cut myself on my hand at work, it is a small, clean, but rather deep cut. I cleaned it, put pressure on it, and put some antibacterial on it, then wrapped in a band aid because I had to be at work the rest of the day. It has been quite a few hours since then, but it is still bleeding. But now I...

Deep cut [ 1 Answers ]

One week ago I cut the crap out of my index finger,had 2 get stitches,7 days past then I took out the stitches,I think that I should have waited longer to take them out, now I have almost a sharp throbbing pain should I go back 2 th er?

View more questions Search