Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmr12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Unborn baby
    I need to know how long it takes to get opiotes or lortab out of a unborn baby's system?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tmr12345 View Post
    I need to know how long it takes to get opiotes or lortab out of a unborn babys system?

Someone will come along with professional advice but as long as the drug is in the mother's system, it is in the baby's system - and that depends on how much and how long the mother has been using.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 30, 2008, 03:58 PM

Yes, and drugs in the babies system can do harm, so please consult your doctor
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 30, 2008, 07:02 PM
    It can, and in most cases does, stay in the system until after birth. Doctors will test the meconium (first stool) of the baby if they feel there is a need to do so.
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 11, 2008, 10:50 PM

What are you doing? Get some help girl,in most states if you get help while your pregnet they won't take your baby you just have to show them you want this. Do soemthing good for that baby of yours get help your not the first addicted mom just do this for your baby...

Good luck
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mishelly3 View Post
    What are you doing? get some help girl,in most states if you get help while your pregnet they wont take your baby you just have to show them you want this. Do soemthing good for that baby of yours get help your not the first addicted mom just do this for your baby....

Good luck

You've jumped to a pretty big conclusion - nowhere does the OP say she's addicted or using or that this is anything more than a school project.

I realize you've posted your problems with addiction and perhaps that's your point of reference but this person, for whatever reason, has not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandparents want my unborn baby [ 5 Answers ]

Hello well where shall I start,been with my partner for a year now I'm 19 he is 32 a bit of a gap, I'm 38 weeks pregnant, when we first met I lived at home with my dad and he lived in at work(hotel) witch was where we met, he lived about 200 miles away from his parents so didn't see them often,...

Irregular Heartbeat in unborn baby [ 7 Answers ]

I am days away from hitting the 30 weeks mark, and at my last doctor's appointment which was days ago. The mid-wife was listening to the babies heartbeat and she heard a flutter sound every other heartbeat. After consulting the doctor they decided to send me to a high risk doctor at Winnie Palmer...

Does He have any rights to our unborn baby? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 19 years old, and I'm 20 weeks pregnant. The father and I aren't married, and we never were. He left when I was eight weeks pregnant, so for three months my parents have been helping me out, buying baby equipment and clothes and generally helping me through the 'sickness' period. Now the father...

Fathers rights of unborn baby [ 4 Answers ]

My brothers girlfriend found out she was pregnant a couple of months ago. A week after they told me, his girlfriend told me there is a chance the baby might not be his. My brother was not mad because he said they both were seeing other people.But they decided to be together so they can raise the...

Custody of my unborn baby? [ 9 Answers ]

Got married in February I found out I was pregnant in March and My husband is now living with his mother because he says " he will never put nothing before her" She is "the most important thing, the only person who stood by him for 13 years that he was in prison" Our baby is due in November and...

View more questions Search