Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    downrange Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Blower motor or switch?
    95 ford ranger. I noticed the blower motor only works on high speed. Does not work on the other settings... Is it the fan or the switch causing this?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 1, 2008, 02:50 AM

It could be the blower switch contacts or the blower module/resistor, or a connector somewhere in between.
    Best bet: the resistor. It is the weakest link in this system.

Oct 2, 2008, 04:04 AM

OK I replaced the resistor.. the blower motor works now, but, it seems that the low and second setting are the same.. low doesn't seem low. Seems like it's the same as the second setting.. I'm thinking maybe that's the switch?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 2, 2008, 08:57 AM

It could be the switch. Where did you purchase the resistor? I hope they gave you the correct part for your vehicle..

Oct 2, 2008, 08:58 AM

I got it from a ford dealer.. I was just like the one I took out anyway!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower Motor bad or what? [ 7 Answers ]

Howdy, My FURNACE/AC blower motor has quit workng. Checked unit... the squirrel cage fan spins smoothy, no bearing noise or roughness, when turned by hand. When I turn A/C on I hear A/C unit come on but fan doesn't blow. Same when turning on heating unit. Same response in 'AUTO' or 'ON' modes....

Blower motor [ 2 Answers ]

What if your blower motor is no good after you jumped started it and it is still making a loud noise and hesitate to turn?

Blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Coleman airhandler which is about eleven years old. I had a new Nordyne heatpump installed about a year and a half ago. It worked fine until a month ago, now the blower will only go off when the breaker is turned off. The thermostat has no effect on it, however the a/c cycles fine. Could...

My blower motor won't stop running . Heat or A/C compresor won't turn on. Tapped on relay still don't shut off. It is a Carrier model#58GS100-2 please help hott in here. Thanks

How do you install blower motor in a gas furnace?

View more questions Search