Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rain lady 2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Water leaking under bricks
    Question, we are adding on a large addition to our home. Bricks were put down on the top of the basement wall with no brick ledge (we did not know this) Now when it rains from the west, the top of our basement wall is getting wet. What steps should I take to fix this problem? Who builds without a brick ledge anymore? Who ultimately is responsible for a problem with the masonry, the general contractor ( whom I have a contract with) or the mason ( whom the general contractor has a contract with)?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2008, 09:39 PM

Rain lady2 - FRist of all the general contractor is the one that is responsible to you then the sub contractor . It sounds to me like the masonery sub . Did his job very sloppy and did it in a non prof. way, you can talk to your gen. cont. and if you don't get no where there then have a lawyer write him a letter and remind him what his responsabilties are, for one thing he is respons. For anything on the house for one year. What needs to be done is for them to dig around the house footing and pour a concrete footing as per code and re lay the bricks . Good luck and GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Gas water heater pressure release valve leaking water [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a slight issue with my gas water heater. It's a AO Smith 32.75 gallon type. All of a sudden, water is coming out of the relief valve pipe. I have placed a coffee can there, and I have to empty it out every few hours now. Im not sure where to turn for this one, as I have...

Very low water pressue to house after replacing leaking valve on water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the leaking valve leading to the hot water heater, drained the hot water heater, turned the main valve to the house back on and now have very low water pressure to the house (cold and hot) The house has galvanized metal pipes... HELP please!:confused:

Water leaking from refrierator. Water turned off - drained. [ 2 Answers ]

I have water (10 gal a day) leaking from my refrierator. All water is off and drained. Where can it be coming from? Can it be from auto defrost?

Can I shut off water supply to leaking hot water tank? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I shut off water supply to leaking hot water tank?

View more questions Search