Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moomin007 Posts: 158, Reputation: 33

Feb 19, 2007, 02:34 PM
    At the moment its Robert Jordan & Terry Brooks.

But mostly anything sci-fi.

(& the Bible)

:o
    dollyspin Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Ask me this question next week I'll have a different answer. I read to be wrapped in the author's mind. When I read some ficition it is as lyrical as music. The cadance and word choice is integral to the plot. Authors that have transported me: Robertson Davies, Angela Carter, Hermann Hesse, Ursula Hegi, Barbara Kingsolver, V.S. Niapal. Raold Dahl, Tom Robbins. Brooks Hansen, Nicole Krauss, Linda Hogan, D.H. Lawrence, Muriel Spark, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Louise Erdrich, Wallace Stegner,.
    mocha81 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Feb 27, 2007, 09:42 AM
    I'd have to pick these books who are my fave...

A Painted House by John Grisham
    Scream Queen by Edo Van Belkom
    Don't let me die by Lindsay Caldwell
    Dumping Billy by Olivia Goldsmith

If you were to look up these books to see which type of books I like. It's pretty much impossible to put them in one category.

A Painted House is set back in the old times on a farm and most of john grisham's books are about law and court but this one isn't at all.

Scream Queen is like a horror. Some teens spend a night in a haunted house. Sounds typical but is VERY VERY good! I'm telling you it's a must read.

Don't let me die is a drama. Girl gets in an accident and loses her boyfriend to a friend and gets put into a wheel chair. It's good.

Dumping Billy. Well about a guy who likes to dump a lot of girls but when this other woman comes along. Billy becomes a keeper. More of a romantic novel.

So I have a wide range of books I like to read.
    softballfanatic2010 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Jk rowling. The harry potter series is AWESOME!! I also like nicholas sparks... the guardian was really good
    lindac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 09:52 AM
    I would have to say Patricia Cornwell novels are my favorite "who done it" books, and for short and sweet uplifting love stories, I would have to say Sandra Brown
    Quadragesima Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Terry Pratchett rocks! He is the most amazingly funny author. Whenever I am feeling down, I pick up one of his books and am laughing by the second page!

I also love Artemis Fowl by Eion Colfer
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 07:14 AM
    Give me Spiderman the comic book any day!! (I love pictures) SciFi is my favorite. (Yes I've been to Mars a few time and they are not green, most of the time!)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2007, 11:50 AM
    NO WAY DUDE! MAD MAGAZINE RULES! :D

Actually, At this very moment, I am enthralled by Gore Vidal.

"Benjamin Franklin was shown the new American constitution, and he said, 'I don't like it, but I will vote for it because we need something right now. But this constitution in time will fail, as all such efforts do. And it will fail because of the corruption of the people, in a general sense.' And that is what it has come to now, exactly as Franklin predicted."

An American Icon: Gore Vidal on Italy, Iraq - and Why He Hates George Bush
    Jessiegirl Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2007, 04:47 PM
    I love to read ! And I too read all kinds of different books .
    Pearl buck- all her books
    Pat Frank - Alas Babylon (made a impact on me )
    Dan Brown -all his books
    Ann George- all of her books, Best southern writer that got me into funny mystery
    Danielle steel -never dissapoints
    Fannie Flagg - southern writer
    Sue monk Kidd - The mermaid Chair and the Life of bees (love this one )
    J.A. Konrath - Bloody Mary- Great book
    And I am now reading Augusten Burrowughs a Memoir call DRY and also read his frist running with scissors ! True but what a wild life !
    I also like to read books on Art and I love to read about the royal family ,Loved Diana
    I guess I am sort of a book worm really I have hundreds of books and I read them all !
    DamnGina Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 10:08 AM
    S.E. Hinton- the outsiders (by far one of the best books ever read)
    Louis Lowery- the giver, gathering blue, the messenger, and gossamer (makes you look at life differently)
    Kadehadaire Posts: 197, Reputation: 10

Jun 13, 2007, 10:27 AM
    I have been waiting for a book called "Eden's Atlantis" to come out by Dawn Bergemann. Looks wicked.
    Royce_C Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Robert Jordan's wheel of time series
    Wies and Hickman
    Terry Goodkind
    Merceades Lackey
    Yep I read a lot of fantasy though it really depends on what my current interest like the latest book purchased Is by Wynne Benti and Megan Lawor, Favorite Dog Hikes
    tomterm8 Posts: 76, Reputation: 8

Apr 18, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Terry Pratchette
    Isac asimov
    Arthur C Clarke
    Anne Crispin
    Mudblood Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 01:02 PM

J. K. Rowling
    John Green
    Ellen Hopkins
    Jane Austen
    Stephen king
    Frances Hodgson Burnett

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unknown Title or Author [ 10 Answers ]

I remember reading a book when I was around 11 about siblings whose parents die (I think) and the oldest (sister) is afraid of being separated, so they go on the run from authorities. She tries to keep them all fed and finds eggs to be the cheapest food to buy. Eventually they are found/caught...

Can you name this author? [ 3 Answers ]

This author is a retired police officer. He has written at least two crime thrillers. I think they were published in the last 4-8 years. I seem to remember that they came onto the market at the same time as Linda Fairsteins first 2 books. I can't recall the names of any of the characters in the...

Author/Title unknown [ 1 Answers ]

I read a novel years ago, where the story concerned a group of plane crash survivors who used scrap material from a nearby abandoned mine to construct medieval type weapons (trebuchet, crossbows, etc), to prevent a local militia from crossing a river to capture them. I initially believed it was...

Do you now the author and song title? [ 2 Answers ]

I remember only the middle of the song: "And I wana fall through the stars Stright into your arms ..... .....feel love I hope you comprehend" Thank you for any help. :)

View more questions Search