Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mark58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Headphone Jack hook-up
    I have a stereo TV/VHS/DVD combo. I want to put in a 1/4" headphone jack that when headphones are plugged in, the sound can only be heard through the headphones; when unplugged, the TV speakers come back on. The headphone jacks that I have 1/4" female input, with 2 or 3 leads on the outer ring, and both types have 1 internal connection. How would I hool this up. Both speakers in the TV connect to the circuit board.
    Thank you.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2008, 11:59 AM

It is a special jack that has resistors, I forget the value, wiring will go from board to jack, and both speakers go to jack. A quick easy way is from an old stereo, it has the wires in and the wires out, and resistors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pin broke inside headphone jack! [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, the pin broke inside headphone jack, and I can't get it out. SO my computer thinks I have headphones plugged in. One thing, the case Won't come off (stupid Lenovo comp.), and It's kind of down in there far. Also, it's closed in, so I can't do anything even if I get the stupid think open! All I...

Installing a headphone jack plug for TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have a portable 14" TV without a jack plug. Is it straightforward to install (by soldering) a jack plug between the speaker and circuit board. I.e cutting the cable leading up to the speaker and soldering a jack plug. If this is possible will the speaker cut out the sound when headphones and...

Hook up for dsl phone jack? [ 4 Answers ]

I ordered high speed internet from AT&T although I do not have AT&T for phone service. The tech installed what he calls a dry loop, and then told me that I have to run a phone jack to that line. The problem is, he worked outside, and I do not know what terminal to hook up the jack to. Any ideas...

Headphone and Mic for broadcast quality [ 7 Answers ]

I'm looking for a headphone and mic combo that plugs into my PC that will give me broadcast quality. I use one now with my sound card, but it sounds tinney and not rich tones. Can you recommend such a headphone with mic combo. I will be putting my speaking programs on video using a video...

View more questions Search