Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    divasdaddy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Prog thermostat wiring
    I am installing a programmable thermostat (upgrading from a previous programmable that wasn't to our liking.

When taking the old thermostat I labeled 5 wires HOWEVER, I'm not sure which to use for RC and RH or if this changes all connections
    My new thermostat requires:
    RC
    RH
    G
    Y
    W

The wires from the wall are:
    G - green
    C - aqua
    R- red
    Y-yellow
    W-white

So, I need to "map" the wires
    Can anyone help me? I am at a loss here. The house is about 4 years old. If I can't get an answer here (or how to TEST which wires are what),
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Sep 29, 2008, 10:44 AM

Red to RH
    Put a jumper from RC to RH
    Green to G
    Y to Yello
    C not used

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring codes from old Carrier thermostat to new Hunter thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

WIRING CODE HELP FOR THERMOSTAT I am in an office and have an old Carrier programmable thermostat which no longer works. I purchased a Hunter 44660 thermostat to replace. My problem is that the wiring codes on the previous thermostat do not match up the codes on the new thermostat. Codes and...

Honeywell wiring different from old thermostat wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a non-programmable digital thermostat to replace an analog thermostat with wiring red, white yellow and black. How do I match the wiring? HELP!!

Trying to inatsll prog thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a honeywell prog. Thermostat model rth7000. All of the terminals match the old one with the exception... old one has white wire going to terminal x, the new one does not have a x terminal. Where do I put the white wire on the new one?. tanks!

Prog. Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 international comfort products on my roof Model phad60nik6 Pymc60g6 Serial g043630974 I had a prog. Therm. Installed by a licensed air co.; model 44360 There are 6 wires coming from the walls Green, red, orange, white, yellow, and blue

Trane Heat Pump tstat replacement with Honeywell prog - wiring question [ 1 Answers ]

I want to replace my Trane Weathertron tstat with a Honeywell RTH7400 prog one. I have a Trane heat pump with aux heat. I've been poring over these thread piece-mealing some info the follow is the result. The old wiring scheme: X2 - black O - orange G - green Y - yellow T - tan/brown R -...

View more questions Search