Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbenstead Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Smell coming from my downstairs bathtub and laundry room tub.
    I live in a rasied bungalow and I have a smell just in the morning from my downstairs bathroom from the tub and also in the laundry room tub. It is when my son showers first thing in the morning or is running any water or I do a load of laundry first thing and I can't seem to figure out what is the cause? It doesn't happen all the time. Help because the smell is driving me crazy!:eek:
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Sep 29, 2008, 10:46 AM

Sounds like the venting system may have a blockage not allowing the sewer gas to excape up through the vent pipe and out from the roof. You will need to get a plumbing or drain service to look at it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 29, 2008, 11:28 AM

If its safe to ber on your roof you can rod the vent stack with a sewer rodder from there. Use enough rod to reach roof top to basement floor plus 20'.
    mikedem7 Posts: 104, Reputation: 13

Sep 30, 2008, 03:49 AM

Need more info- public sewer or septic system, you might have an open vent pipe under the floor of the bungalow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer Smell in Laundry Room [ 13 Answers ]

We are getting a sewer gas smell when we do laundry! This started as just the odd time and then became almost every time we did laundry. We have a brand New Kenmore front load washer and front load dryer(both electric as we have no natural gas in our house) - but the smell had happened before these...

Sewer smell coming from laundry room [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there! We just moved into our home about 6 months ago. It was built in the 70's, and is really in great condition. When they did the inspection, they did notice a little standing water under the laundry room. We (and the inspector) dismissed it as a problem with the previous owners old...

Laundry room smell. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, we are noticing a rotten egg smell consistently in our laundry room (also a full bath) that is on the lowest level of our house. It is the strongest just after a load of laundry. Can you help?

Sewage smell in laundry room [ 4 Answers ]

We live in an unincorporated rural area east of Dallas. We have lateral lines for septic, and a totally separate piping system for our laundry room which uses a french drain. Slab foundation. Laundry room shares a wall with a bathroom. Problem: extremely concentrated sewage gas smell fills the...

View more questions Search