Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

May 22, 2006, 06:51 PM
    Link to a pdf file
    I am asking this question for my brother so bare with me. He wants to allow a user to hit a download button and they can receive a pdf file. I have seen it done just can't remember how the coding is. Is their anything special that has to be done or is this just a link to a pdf form? Any info will help.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

May 23, 2006, 02:00 AM
    You are correct. Enter the text download.pdf, then highlight the text and then (if you use frontpage) insert hyperlink and select the file.

Hope this helps
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

May 23, 2006, 10:11 AM
    colbtech and rickj are absolutely correct from a server standpoint. However, the browser could be configured to open the file in the browser window or download the file. You can't do much about that from the server side.

Casey
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

May 24, 2006, 07:13 PM
    Thanks guys for your help. I wasn't sure if it would be this simple.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possible to link a spreadsheet 2 way [ 7 Answers ]

I know how to do a "one way" link in a spreadsheet. For example, if you change the value in A1, you can make it automatically change the value in A2 also. However, is there a way, if you change the value A2 that it will also change the value of A1? Thus, whichever you change, A1 or A2, will...

Link dumps [ 5 Answers ]

Are there any sites similar or better than www.dumpalink.com?

If I file 1040NR, do I file state as nonresident? [ 1 Answers ]

The title says it all-I worked in several states but I am foreigner. Does that mean that I file state taxes as non-resident as well?

View more questions Search