Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kbrynn01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2006, 05:55 PM
    Craftsman 4.0 hp mulcher doesn't start
    My lawnmower will not start, it had water in the gas line so I took out all of the old gas and dried out all of the gas lines and carborator and made sure that there was no water in the line. The spark plug is new and it sounds like it wants to start but will not. After trying to start it for a while gas will just continuesly run out of the little red plastic tube coming out of the exhaust to the filter. Do you have any suggestions?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2006, 07:47 PM
    What brand engine? So you took the carb apart and let it dry? Was fuel stabilizer used? Make sure gas is getting there, take the gas line off at the carb and let it go and watch for a good flow. Then move onto rebuilding the carb, get a rebuild kit, tear it apart, soak it in carb cleaner and blow it out with compressed air.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman rider won't start [ 8 Answers ]

Late '80's vintage 18HP, 44" rider. Been running like a champ until recently. Started running very rough a couple of weeks ago. Had to choke all the way to keep in running. Decided to start with new spark plugs to rectify. Now I don't get any spark. Turns over just fine. Amp meter on dash...

Craftsman Eager-1 carbs [ 3 Answers ]

My mower was having trouble staying running. The guy that gave it to me said that it sat for about four years. He had it worked on by some one and they got it to run but it still wasn't right.After he gave to me I removed the carb, cleaned all the guk out. Now I am ready to remount it. Problem is...

Craftsman 917.256524 [ 1 Answers ]

I was just given a lawn tractor- the previous owner says the drive starter is shot. Is this a common problem and how do I replace it?

10 HP Craftsman not starting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1985 10hp craftsman lawn tractor that will not start. We have cleaned the carb, bowl, fuel filter, plug etc. If you put fuel directly into the carb, it will start and run until it has burned off that fuel It will not pull fuel through the carb though. Any suggestions?

Craftsman 11 36 runs only on choke [ 1 Answers ]

I recently brought a riding mower Craftsman 11 36 but can only run it on choke. I cleaned the carburetor. I was going to replace the spark plug(not sure what size it takes and I can't read the number on the old plug). Any help getting this mower to run on any setting other than choke would be...

View more questions Search