Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SugarLicious Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Should I play the Ouija board by myself or not?
    All of my friends think the Ouija board is stupid or they are to scared to play, so I was wondering if I should play it by myself. Should I? I heard that you shouldn't.:confused:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 06:58 PM

Basically you should not play by yourself. Even playing with other people can be dangerous. Do not play with an Ouija board at all. You can invite unwanted nasty entities into your home and can lead to them staying there in your home indefinitely causing you and your family all sorts of grief. This goes also for any online Ouija board sites as well. The online boards can make the entities enter your home faster as the entities "ride" on the electricity into your computer. Scary.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 08:22 PM

Hi, SugarLicious!

This kind of question has come up previously on this site. You might want to click on the following link and see what the answers were.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parano...one-77967.html
    SugarLicious Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 08:44 PM
    Comment on twinkiedooter's post
    That's scary... :o
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Oct 1, 2008, 02:00 PM

I couldn't make Clough's link work, to see whether I had an answer on that thread, so I'll paraphrase here:

In matters of the spirit, the greater one's power, the greater the danger. The more psychically attuned you are, the more risk associated with something like this. There is an old Native American saying, "If you play with the medicine, someone will die." That's putting it a bit seriously. Most people can play around with "Indian totem cards" and the other sorts of things one finds in a modern New Age shop without doing catastrophic damage. In particular, the Universe tends to make allowances to protect the innocent. But don't count on it.

When trained medicine workers or shamanic practitioners set out to contact a spirit, we first set a sacred space or protective boundary around ourselves, and then have a very clear intention for what we are doing, either knowing by name the specific spirit we want to contact, or at least having an intention for what we want to accomplish in our work, making it clear that any spirit that wants to help must do so for the highest good of all.

In one other post about ouija boards or any similar practice of simply opening one's soul to whatever presences might happen by, I compared it to posting your full name, address, phone number, birth date, SSN, where you hide the key to your front door, and when you will be home alone on your myspace page. Most of what is out there is not evil per se, but there are plenty of things out there that will intentionally or unintentionally take advantage of you if you "play" with the spiritual realm.

Having said that, curiosity can be a wonderful thing, and the realms of high weirdness can be a delight to explore. A spirit of curiosity and even playful tricksterism is a much better way to approach ghosts and spirits than the fear and rejection most people express who write into this site because something paranormal happened to them. Just understand that these worlds are real, spirits are real, and some are powerful. The more psychic talent you have, the more seriously you have to take this stuff, and the more important that you get good training and not be in the dark about it. So it is serious, but it can be playful and fun, too. Making magic, when done well, can be an endless source of joy and amusement.

But there are better ways of getting to know spirits than ouija boards. Try taking a class in basic shamanic journeying. If you look through the free "countercultural" paper in your area, you'll probably find something.

Blessings in your adventures.

Alder
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2008, 02:21 AM

Hi, Alder!

The link that I provided worked when I clicked on it. So, I don't know what's up with why it didn't work for you.

Here's the link again, just in case...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parano...one-77967.html
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2008, 02:34 AM
    It's a piece of wood. It's no different than a Monopoly board.
    belmondo Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Oct 2, 2008, 02:43 AM

Found this on the internet, may be of help::::When I was younger my friends and I used to play with ouija boards all the time. My parents had warned me to never play with them because they were "dangerous". The first time I used one I was at a friends house and she wanted to prove to us that the ouija board really worked so she asked the board for it to show us a sign that they were there. This was back in 1991 when there was such a thing as HyperColor T-shirts (the shirt would change colors with heat or cold), she was wearing one and she said it felt like her back was warm like someone was touching her. We looked at her back and there was a handpring on her hypercolor t-shirt. I didn't listen to my parents advice and got pretty wrapped up in the whole ouija experience. I couldn't get away from it, I was so drawn to them. When new friends would come over I felt so cool because they wouldn't believe in the ouija, and somehow they worked with me. I remember different times when I tried convincing my friends that it wasn't a hoax. I had my cousin and best friend over and they didn't believe so I asked the board to do something. A couple minutes later my posters all fell to the floor. (They were the kind out of girls magazines, that I put up with tape). It was to strange that all of them fell at the same time. But it didn't scare me, it made me feel important that I had something that my friends didn't. It scared them but I guess it wasn't enough for them either. On a different occasion we asked the board to do something else. I had pom poms sitting above my mirror in my room and this time we could see something pulling on the strings of the pom poms and then they "jumped" to the floor. Months later, I started thinking that I shouldn't be playing with things like this (I had just started attending church) but my friends were now playing with ouijas all the time. I tried telling them the things I had heard from different people that think its bad, they wouldn't hear it so in the middle of their playing I started saying bible scriptures, The board got angry at that, making the thing (I can't remember how to spell it) race around the board, it got my friends attention and we all decided to find a bible and placed it on the board. The thing pushed the bible completely off the board. I didn't play with ouija boards again.
    belmondo Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Oct 2, 2008, 02:48 AM
    I would say not to mess with this. Iam a christian and therefore totally against this. Most paranormal researchers advise against the casual use of the Ouija board, suggesting that it can be a doorway to unknown dimensions. “The board itself is not dangerous, but the form of communication that you are attempting often is," says Ghost researcher Dale Kaczmarek of the Ghost Research Society. "Most often the spirits whom are contacted through the Ouija are those whom reside on 'the lower astral plane.' These spirits are often very confused and may have died a violent or sudden death; murder, suicide, etc. Therefore, many violent, negative and potentially dangerous conditions are present to those using the board. Often times several spirits will attempt to come through at the same time but the real danger lies when you ask for physical proof of their existence! You might say, 'Well, if you're really a spirit, then put out this light or move that object!' What you have just done is simple, you have 'opened a doorway' and allowed them to enter into the physical world and future problems can and often do arise."
    xiimee Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    It's a piece of wood. It's no different than a Monopoly board.
    I never thought it works and still don't but i havent tried it either. Ill tell you if and when i do.
    swannchick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2009, 07:58 PM

No don't play with Ouija they can let unwanted spirits into your home which can posses your home or yourself
    mexcelaya Posts: 86, Reputation: 3

Mar 4, 2009, 04:12 PM

I say don't PLAY IT because basically your playing with the devel
    jammixmaster Posts: 282, Reputation: 15

Apr 18, 2009, 01:54 PM

If you play with the Ouija Board by yourself you'll just be PLAYING with it. It's a game. No different than playing chess or your Xbox 360 alone.
    Midnightsin Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 12, 2009, 10:44 AM

I have used Ouija boards in the past and have had very good experiences with them. Some others not so good. One rule of thumb to follow is, never do anything that you're not comfortable with alone. However Ouija boards are different altogether. Never use one by yourself. It isn't a gateway itself but the energies that you focus through the board can let some rather nasties through. It's always a good idea to use one with at least one other person around just in case something comes through that you can't get rid of.
    iloveu123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarLicious View Post
    All of my friends think the Ouija board is stupid or they are to scared to play, so I was wondering if I should play it by myself. Should I? I heard that you shouldn't.:confused:
    I agree neeeeeever play with a quija board never!!
    mona93 Posts: 61, Reputation: 0

Jun 27, 2009, 04:06 PM

No it's a very bad idea... you don't like evil spirits in your home don't you?
    Mister M Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Jul 12, 2009, 11:15 AM

swannchick is perfectly right, don't play with that cause it's not a toy. It might doesn't work for the first time, but you don't want that thing to work... Stay away and play with other things, go to the mall or a concert play paintball but not that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm thinking about using a ouija board... [ 16 Answers ]

Me and my two friends did one two days ago but we didn't do it right and I looked it up on the website and I now know how to do it. I was just woundering what everyone would say about it though, as I have heard that they aren't always safe! I have tried talking out loud but that didn't work...

Ouija board crisis! [ 44 Answers ]

hey OK I really need an answer to this question. me and my best buddy here were playing the ouija board and were really into spirits and apperantly the spirits were casting a spell on us, and said that we were going to get hurt. Can that happen? Should we do something? Or are they just kidding...

Using a ouija board alone [ 173 Answers ]

Hi, I just purchased a Ouija Board (the glow in the dark one) yesterday; I've never before used one in my life but researched and have some knowledge about it. Why are people not supposed to use them alone? And also, I have what I would call a 'sixth sense' anyway where I see and hear things most...

Ouija board [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know the prayer for the ouija board can anyone help me?

Will I really die because an ouija board said so [ 22 Answers ]

Well I ned help I was playing with a ouija boardand it said I was going to die after that weird things started happening . Are ouija boards real? Do you think I was messing with a bad gohst? What happens because it told me that?

View more questions Search