Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waddie21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 09:42 AM
    Foreign money transfer
    I am due to inherit a very large sum of money in England. What laws will I incur when transferring the money to the US?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Hello w:

In these days of global business, why would you need to bring your money to the US. Just bring your checkbook, and leave your account there. If the English taxes were paid, should there have been some due, there's no restrictions to transferring ALL of it to a US bank.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreign money transfer to USA [ 19 Answers ]

I have two questions 1. I inherited $50,000 from property sold in a foreign country country from a non us resident. Are there tax consequences in the US when I transfer the money? Can I carry the money in cash into the US after declaring it. 2. a non US family member and his family...

Taxes on foreign transfer [ 2 Answers ]

A father who is a Dutch citizen wants to transfer $500,000 (or portions of it) to his daughter, who is a resident alien (green card) living in the US, and she's married to a US citizen. 1. Does the daughter (or her US husband) have any tax liability in the US? 2. The receiving US bank will...

Foreign money [ 2 Answers ]

Value of Briefmarken stamps and coins, francobolli timbres?

Money transfer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've been approached by a company called Apecco about a part time home based job wich consist of receiving money and transferring it via Western Union. Is it money laundering? How can I find out more about? Thanks

View more questions Search